Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
1000000793.jpg
1000005678.jpg

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Does HF do Google Photos albums well? I might consider doing that instead of a bunch of single photos...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
My older brother had a rat years ago. They are very fun pets. They are playful, intelligent, and sociable. But you may meet some people who can’t get over the “ew, it’s a rat” feeling.
Rats are chill as shit. My buddy's mom owned a bunch when I was a kid. I remember I had to watch them once and of course I left the top off their enclosure. The mom was a seamstress, and we'll just say "disorganized." So I had to find 5 rats in a room that had various types of fabric strewn about completely covering almost every inch of the room. It was f***ing difficult. The last one was this black one that was just hanging out in this black faux-mink material. Like a needle in a goddamn haystack.

Anyway, the rats were cool and while I don't own any, I still like them and get excited the rare occasion I go somewhere and they're there.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
Rats are chill as shit. My buddy's mom owned a bunch when I was a kid. I remember I had to watch them once and of course I left the top off their enclosure. The mom was a seamstress, and we'll just say "disorganized." So I had to find 5 rats in a room that had various types of fabric strewn about completely covering almost every inch of the room. It was f***ing difficult. The last one was this black one that was just hanging out in this black faux-mink material. Like a needle in a goddamn haystack.

Anyway, the rats were cool and while I don't own any, I still like them and get excited the rare occasion I go somewhere and they're there.

Haha, that f***er knew what he was doing

Reactions: nyr2k2

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
View attachment 774775

View attachment 774776

Our two Bengals. Bollinger and Billecart. Previous cat was Stolichnaya (Stoli for short). Wife chooses names based on her beverage preferences.

I’m not allowed to name the pets as they’d end up as “Beer“ and “Whiskey”…..
Begals are dope. Cats are cool in general but Bengals are really like owning mini tigers. The way they act is wild.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Begals are dope. Cats are cool in general but Bengals are really like owning mini tigers. The way they act is wild.
You got that right! They’re only a few generations from the wildcats they were domesticated from so they play rough, are subject to REMS (Random Erratic Movement Syndrome) where they will sprint up and down the halls and stairs at 4am and are VERY vocal. Billie has figured out how to open doors so I had to change the handles from levers to knobs so she can’t get out.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: tlk and Cmox

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
You got that right! They’re only a few generations from the wildcats they were domesticated from so they play rough, are subject to REMS (Random Erratic Movement Syndrome) where they will sprint up and down the halls and stairs at 4am and are VERY vocal. Billie has figured out how to open doors so I had to change the handles from levers to knobs so she can’t get out.
This is amazing !

Reactions: tlk and Row I Goon

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We recently got four swordfish and three of them died already because they're really sensitive apparently, and water is hard to figure out.

I was like "shoulda just got a rat."

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
We recently got four swordfish and three of them died already because they're really sensitive apparently, and water is hard to figure out.

I was like "shoulda just got a rat."
Wait what? Swordfish? Edit: nvm I know what you’re talking about.

That’s strange man they’re supposed to be very adapatable. Yeah water is a bitch though.

65°F-82°F
pH 7.0-8.4
dGH 12-35

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Wait what? Swordfish? Edit: nvm I know what you’re talking about.

That’s strange man they’re supposed to be very adapatable. Yeah water is a bitch though.

65°F-82°F
pH 7.0-8.4
dGH 12-35
We might have to change the room. It gets very warm where the tank is located because of the windows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad