Confirmed with Link: Petr Sykora signs in Switzerland

Sykie

Feb 28, 2002
Geneva
snhl.free.fr
http://www.rts.ch/sport/hockey/lna/4611517-gros-coup-reussi-par-berne-qui-engage-petr-sykora.html

Link in french, but from the national swiss television so I guess it's reliable.

Petr Sykora just signed in Bern, the biggest swiss team.

I'm happy for him because Bern is a nice team, and my favorite in Europe.

On the other hand, a bit disapointed he couldn't have one last ride with the Devils, but at least last year was a success.

Hope he'll have nice experience in Bern. Best of luck to you Sykie.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Sykora was great for us last year and may have been able to help this year, but he is really slow and we are already slow.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Glad he didn't sign with the rags. Good luck Sykie! Almost sure Lou is going to pull the trigger on a deal for a forward and needed the roster spot.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Ultimately I think Lou makes a move down the line, but hes not going to be desperate. He'll evaluate where the team is at once Henrique returns and guys get bumped down a slot.

Our D gets abused by speed on the outside and to be honest Larsson struggles with that as well. I would love to see Gelinas get a look because of his mobility, offensive instincts and shot, but that won't happen until at least next season.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Larsson has potential to improve against guys with speed. The current D does not. There is no reason to leave the future of this team in the stands. Pete did something similar to I think Kulikov IRRC. Panthers fans always griped about how he treated the young D there.

Sykie

Feb 28, 2002
Geneva
snhl.free.fr
this sucks. why he wasn't resigned on a 1yr deal baffles me

Same.

With a bit rest and a shorter season, he could still have been a valuable depth piece. And judging by the situation, Sykora would still have taken less than a million to fill that role. We just lost Parise, at least we could have tried to keep Sykie... so that's a bad decision by the Devils IMO.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
this sucks. why he wasn't resigned on a 1yr deal baffles me
Because, especially in a shortened season, when every game feels like a playoff game (or a pre-season game lol), he`d be worthless and twice as much come playoff time.

Smart non-signing on Lou`s part.

Best wishes to Sykie though.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Best of luck to him.

I'm glad he came back and "redeemd" himself last year, it'll be nice that my last memories of him with NJ will be positive ones.

KohoDonuts88

Sep 6, 2006
New Brunswick
Allan Walsh
‏@walsha
Petr Sykora will be playing in the NHL this season. More to come.
10 Jan 13

Dumbass.

30 teams passed on Sykora, not just us. There's obviously a good reason.

lboogie42*

Love sykora, but idk if we rlly need him. We need another forward yea, but he is very slow and we are slow enough as it is.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At least he isn't going to the Rangers. He's probably done in the NHL at this point if he didn't sign yet. Good luck and thanks for your wonderful service last year Sykie!:handclap:

KidRobot

Mar 30, 2009
NEW JERSEY
Would've liked him on a line with Elias again, thought that combo was very successful even if he lost a step or three over the years his shot was still lethal.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Actually, told Sykora signing with SC Bern is not official.

There's still hope, he's just playing hard to get with Lou :sarcasm:

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Because, especially in a shortened season, when every game feels like a playoff game (or a pre-season game lol), he`d be worthless and twice as much come playoff time.

Smart non-signing on Lou`s part.

Best wishes to Sykie though.

its so funny to read comments like that on sykora. I remember fighting with the board on why we should sign him, why we invited him to camp, etc last year. im certainly not going to go through that again. besides, we have a baby who went from 1st line the 1st period to a solid benching in the 3rd. between him, teddy (oops!) and henrique (whoops!) I guess I rested sykora couldn’t have worked out, at all. indeed, a 700k contract, over ½ a season, was truly a terrific ‘non signing’ by lou

mama mia..

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
its so funny to read comments like that on sykora. I remember fighting with the board on why we should sign him, why we invited him to camp, etc last year. im certainly not going to go through that again. besides, we have a baby who went from 1st line the 1st period to a solid benching in the 3rd. between him, teddy (oops!) and henrique (whoops!) I guess I rested sykora couldn’t have worked out, at all. indeed, a 700k contract, over ½ a season, was truly a terrific ‘non signing’ by lou

mama mia..
Friend who watched him in the Czech league said he was done and I trusted him.

When we signed him, I said he should be given a chance, but won`t last past Dec. Proved me wrong, lasted two more months. :sarcasm: Then slowed down and was non-existent in the POs. We just went through a lockout, how do you think he`d be keeping up with others?

Mamma mia indeed. Don`t be such a dreamer.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Friend who watched him in the Czech league said he was done and I trusted him.

i...um...have no friends who watched him in the czech league. anyway

When we signed him, I said he should be given a chance, but won`t last past Dec. Proved me wrong, lasted two more months. :sarcasm: Then slowed down and was non-existent in the POs.

right. a half season is just what the doctor ordered for sykora. 0 risk in signing him

Mamma mia indeed. Don`t be such a dreamer.

you may saaayyyy im a dreamerrr, but im.....

really not. he put up 20 goals last year. he clicks with elias. hes defensively responsible. hes a much better option than potentially ruining a teenager, bouncing teddy to and fro..but oh wait, i forgot about darche. HE'S what we need. yes, lets keep him around

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At this point I don't even want Darche. We're gonna need scoring, not Darche. What's he gonna bring? He won't bring scoring playing with Janssen, and our PK is already good enough. We've given up only one 5 on 4 goal this year so far our PK has been excellent. When Henrique gets back we're getting back another PK'er.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
The-Stanley-Cup.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad