Peter McNab tribute story

Peter McNab Tribute Story

The Peter McNab story begins when he was born May 8, 1952, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. He inherited a history of hockey bloodlines as his father, Max McNab, won a Stanley Cup with the Detroit Red Wings in 1950. At 14, McNab, a Canadian born American moved to the United States, where his father was the coach of the Western Hockey League’s San Diego Gulls.
McNab played center on the ice. However, he entered the University of Denver while playing on a baseball scholarship. As fate would have, McNab made the Denver Pioneers hockey team while attending the school. In his rookie season with the Pioneers, the 6-foot-3-inch centre scored 19 goals and 14 assists for 33 points in 28 games.

In his sophomore season, McNab nearly doubled his production as he scored 27 goals and added 38 assists for 65 points in 38 games.

plusandminus

Mar 7, 2011
I've seen games online from his mid-1970s days in BUF. I'm quite interested in that team, Two great forward lines, scoring same amount of points and goals during even strength, with one then focusing on PP (boosting the points) while the other focused on being arguably on the best PK unit in the league. ? With better goaltending, they might have gone all the way. ?

During his time in BUF, I wonder how good McNab was considered compared to other 3rd centers or 3rd liners overall?

And how good was he considered during his days in Boston?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad