Waived: Peter Holland

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
I wouldn't mind. He has scored 30-ish points two seasons in a row for one of the worst teams in the league. He could be a 3rd/4th line center with Rakell to the LW with the twins where he belongs.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I wouldn't mind getting him back for cheap but Holland isn't going to improve the lineup much so it would be a bandaid solution.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
If we want to win now, an inconsistent player still trying to break into a defined role is not a good idea.

That said I'm not opposed because I suspect the core is rotten anyways.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
He cleared.

I think heusy makes a good point regarding being able to walk away. BM probably wouldn't be the only GM who is turned off by that uncertainty too. Maybe he gets picked up if it happens during the season.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
How much could he possibly earn in arbitration that walking away would even matter?

He's got to be at least below 1.0 Stoners.

He made 775k last year.

It's probably below 1.0 Maroons.

edit: I wonder how the arbitration award would compare to Boll's contract.

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'd take him. Our bottom 6 doesn't have many players that can score often. Holland isn't amazing but 30 points is more than we're getting out of Boll, Garbutt, and Wagner combined next year possibly

Lol at getting rid of Maroon. What an awful move that was

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
You can't go off what you think he should get. you have to plan for the max he could get if you take a risk on him. 2 million is to much risk.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2108799

The arbitration walkaway threshold is just over $3.9M this year. That means that we'd almost certaintly be stuck with whatever Holland is awarded. I doubt BM would want to add any more cost uncertainty at the moment.

He cleared.

I think heusy makes a good point regarding being able to walk away. BM probably wouldn't be the only GM who is turned off by that uncertainty too. Maybe he gets picked up if it happens during the season.

Edit: NVM I can't read.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad