Proposal: Pesce to the Jets

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I have been reading that Carolina seems to be motivated to move one of Pesce or Faulk prior to TDL and I can't help but feel that is is a prime opportunity to get a cost controlled RHD that could be a great fit with the Jets. Their request is a top 6F.

This, of course, is all contingent on the Trouba situation. By now, Chevy absolutely knows the future of Trouba and likely has for a while.

So my proposal is this:

Jets should find a suitable top 6 Carolina is interested in.. Move said player for Trouba and then flip for Pesce.

There could 100% be the option that the Jets could get another piece in return from the team sending a top 6 out since there could be some value difference.

I know keeping Trouba for the stretch run would be ideal and I'm in the camp that would love to keep Trouba if he would stay but if the path to UFA/out of WPG is what he desires, this is a PRIME opportunity.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeorgeJETson

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I have been reading that Carolina seems to be motivated to move one of Pesce or Faulk prior to TDL and I can't help but feel that is is a prime opportunity to get a cost controlled RHD that could be a great fit with the Jets. Their request is a top 6F.

This, of course, is all contingent on the Trouba situation. By now, Chevy absolutely knows the future of Trouba and likely has for a while.

So my proposal is this:

Jets should find a suitable top 6 Carolina is interested in.. Move said player for Trouba and then flip for Pesce.

There could 100% be the option that the Jets could get another piece in return from the team sending a top 6 out since there could be some value difference.

I know keeping Trouba for the stretch run would be ideal and I'm in the camp that would love to keep Trouba if he would stay but if the path to UFA/out of WPG is what he desires, this is a PRIME opportunity.
I think the prime opportunity to trade Trouba will be in the off-season, after he's helped the Jets on their playoff drive and when all the potential trading options are on the table. At the TDL, there are limited trading options due to teams jockeying for position and some with cap crunches.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I think the prime opportunity to trade Trouba will be in the off-season, after he's helped the Jets on their playoff drive and when all the potential trading options are on the table. At the TDL, there are limited trading options due to teams jockeying for position and some with cap crunches.

But will you find a player like Pesce locked up long term at a super reasonable caphit like his? That's the kicker.

Reactions: Oseductive

Whileee

May 29, 2010
But will you find a player like Pesce locked up long term at a super reasonable caphit like his? That's the kicker.
I would think so, and if not Pesce, I think there will be other trade options available. If Pesce isn't traded at the deadline, he'll be available in the off-season. I'm not convinced that it makes sense for Carolina to trade him now. They will also want to have all of their options open in the off-season.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

I think the Canes will look to trade him around the draft or just after July 1 to someone who missed out on D.

I think what you're saying is very possible, just not likely yet. But that is exactly the type of player we should be targeting.

Only catch is it is Ehlers they will be looking at :confused::eek:o_O

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
who is a better dman given their caphit b/w Pesce and Hamilton?
who would serve better in a top pairing role beside Morrissey and a possible PP1 role as a RHD?

Pesce offers more cost certainty as his deal would be 4.025M until the conclusion of '23-24
Hamilton seems to be superior and is signed for 5.75M until '20-21. What does he get after that? Probably a John Carlson-esque deal in the 8-8.5M range? There are some obvious concerns in acquiring Hamilton that have been illustrated being dealt numerous times and helicopter parents (mom specifically i believe)

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont

I think Trouba is going to have a great post season this year. He just seems to be getting better and better. That will have a great impact of his return in the offseason. I like the idea of Pesce on the Jets. I would trade Myers for assets now while his value is high and flip those for Pesce. I would like to keep our core together for now. Pesce slots into the T4 next year with the departure of Trouble

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think Trouba is going to have a great post season this year. He just seems to be getting better and better. That will have a great impact of his return in the offseason. I like the idea of Pesce on the Jets. I would trade Myers for assets now while his value is high and flip those for Pesce. I would like to keep our core together for now. Pesce slots into the T4 next year with the departure of Trouble
No team is going to trade the assets required to obtain Pesce, by us flipping them soon to be UFA Myers. Don't you think they wouldn't just use the same assets to acquire Pesce themselves?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Carolina is also looking for a skilled forward in return not another dmen.

assuming Trouba is gone then right after the season:

Part 1: We flip assets for Pesce that meet Carolina's needs. Part 2: Then we deal Trouba separately and maximize his return. Without the restrictions of trying to turn his value into recipricating D assets it could open up a much more robust trading market. In some ways we end up doing our own 3 way deal to replace our top pairing RHD man?

Morrissey Pesce
Niku Buff
TBD TBD

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
assuming Trouba is gone then right after the season:

Part 1: We flip assets for Pesce that meet Carolina's needs. Part 2: Then we deal Trouba separately and maximize his return. Without the restrictions of trying to turn his value into recipricating D assets it could open up a much more robust trading market. In some ways we end up doing our own 3 way deal to replace our top pairing RHD man?

Morrissey Pesce
Niku Buff
TBD TBD

I agree with this method as long as the forward asset going is not Conner, Ehlers or Laine.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I agree with this method as long as the forward asset going is not Conner, Ehlers or Laine.

Yea it might be hard for us to get a deal done without one of those 3. That begs the question what might Trouba fetch us, if he could bring us back a 1B center then the net gain and re balancing of assets might make sense?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad