Perry or Getzlaf?

PPQB

Mar 29, 2010
Ottawa, IL
sign Getzlaf, buyout Hossa. Problem solved

Hossa is owed 31.7 million after this season. So let me get this straight, Wirtz is gonna burn that kind of coin to buyout an allstar player only to pay what will undoubtedly be much more for a player that hasn't performed as well as the guy being bought out?

Anyone that even suggests buying out Hossa is any kind of option deserves to be smacked upside the head by Bollig.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Hossa is owed 31.7 million after this season. So let me get this straight, Wirtz is gonna burn that kind of coin to buyout an allstar player only to pay what will undoubtedly be much more for a player that hasn't performed as well as the guy being bought out?

Anyone that even suggests buying out Hossa is any kind of option deserves to be smacked upside the head by Bollig.

this. In a couple years things mi be different, but not right now.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Hossa is eventually going to need to be bought out or traded. That retirement cap hit stuff will be no fun.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Neither. It will mess with the salary structure. Why pay outsider FA more money than Toews, Kane et al.

From a fan point of view, sure why not. Dont care about the cap, salary structure or any long term salary configuration of the team.

Paul Allen

Oct 24, 2011
Los Angeles
Neither. It will mess with the salary structure. Why pay outsider FA more money than Toews, Kane et al.

Toews and kane will be signing new contracts in 3 summers.

However, I think in reality none of this will happen and we will have to find a 2C in our system, or trade prospects for a young, cheap guy with potential.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria

we buy him out 13-14 when he is owned 23.8 million dollar. Then he will be over 35 years old, will be on the decline and we wouldn't have the dead Cap Space when he retires.

If Wirtz is willing to do everything to win, he buys out Hossa IF we get Getzlaf. Getz takes some nights off, this is true. Don't forget that he would be #2 Center behind Toews. It wouldn't matter that much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad