Proposal: Perry for Ovechkin?

DigitalSea

Thank you Landon
Jun 13, 2011
Anaheim, CA
I guess I'll be the only one who will say they would due this trade. It's not looking good that Perry will re-sign. Plus Ovie would raise the teams internal cap by himself due to his marketability.

I'd be doubtful of reuniting BB and Ovie though.

Yeah I would keep Perry over Ovie, but I'm getting the same feeling, I would rather get something for Perry. Plus the best version of Ovie is better than the best of Perry, IMO.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah I would keep Perry over Ovie, but I'm getting the same feeling, I would rather get something for Perry. Plus the best version of Ovie is better than the best of Perry, IMO.

We can`t take Ovi for his contract alone

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Perry for Ovechkin?

No, thank you.

But, if we're throwing out trade proposals for Perry, I'd say we should definitely trade him prior to the deadline if he is yet unsigned. I'd rather tank in the Playoffs this year (granted we make them) and still have the roster to compete in the upcoming years than trying to go all the way once this season, lose due to bad luck and then see Pears leave through the front door without anything coming back in return.

So what is this franchise's most glaring hole in the lineup? A legitimate #2C, obviously.

Given the fact that the most top-heavy teams in terms of the Center position are in the east, it should be easier to get a trade done, I think. Especially if it is a team that is willing to pay premium cash to Pears and which he is fond of, sort of a sign-and-trade idea.

So, who's center-heavy?

Boston (Krejci, Savard, Bergeron, Seguin, Horton)
Philadelphia (Giroux, Schenn, Couture, Talbot)
Pittsburgh (Crosby, Malkin, Sutter, Kennedy, Boychuk)
Washington (Backstrom, Ribeiro, Laich, Perreault, Johansson)

I'd be content with getting any of the bolded out centers in return, albeit getting Giroux or Crosby would most surely result in an error within the Matrix :lol:

However, I think being able to get Malkin, for example, doesn't appear to be SO overly unrealistic. Pittsburgh has Sutter as a youger replacement, who is much cheaper than Geno and shows a lot of potential (and a willingness to traing hard and learn), so a deal might be reached there.

Maybe something along the lines of Perry + 1st Round Pick + Kevin Roy <-> Malkin, I just don't know. Pittsburgh obviously doesn't HAVE TO pull the trigger on a trade of that caliber, but I'm 100% sure they'd at least look into it, since they are still looking hard for a legitimate #1 RW to play alongside Crosby. And these usually don't come in cheap, or regularly.

Edit: Just to make myself clear, I don't think this is an offer like "omg yes, Anaheim's overpaying big timezzzz and we'll do it yesterdayzzz!!!!111one", but one that might, eventually, turn out to be interesting enough for Pittsburgh. Malkin, however, would have to be re-signed long-term prior to that deal anyways.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
I am not too worried about resigning perry, yet. But since we have a thread, if we cant sign him, yes i want to deal him asap.

I think in either way, this team is fine for next year.

I dont think we are getting a top tier nhl player in return for perry. At least, thats less likely than prospects.

If etem and palmeri are playing well and producing nhl points, you look at selanne retiring, and you see if koivu is going to come back. This team could definitelly benefit from a couple blue chip forward prospects. A center and wing. Looking to next year, this team gets cheaper and worse, but potentially has getz, ryan on the top lines with koivu on the 2nd/3rd. But how much worse?

Etem and palmeri have a chance to settle into responsible roles, and fowler, sbisa, vatenen, beach...? Defense is fairly young and good.

A couple youngster forwards to work on filling in the top 2 lines would be great.

It leaves us with a lack of star power with selanne retired and perry gone... but its not that bad. And you have freed up a bunch of cap space to sign a top end player. Hope that one or two of your youngsters steps up into a top line player.

Jacksonbobson

Feb 2, 2009
If Perry dosen't resign, for sure I would want it to be done. But it would have to be a sign and trade to interest the Caps. (not sure if Perry alone gets Ovie either, not sure how high the caps view him to be honest). Hoping the Ducks sign Perry for we don't have to trade him at the deadline.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I don't know what Ovy's problem is but he is going the wrong way. I'd rather have somebody who may be putting up fewer points than he has but who's career is heading up not down. No way I make this deal.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Hello fellow quackers :sarcasm: I come in peace :nod:

Great start boys .. congrats !! I've always loved Perry and would love him in Boston .... now I realise its a touchy subject cause I'd want him to stay too ( understandable )

My question is .. Would you down size him for say Horton and move Ryan up ? I realise there both UFA just wondered ?

YES we need to add yet ... I was thinking Peverley would excel there and he can play center ;)

I'm still adding but I'm not sure what type of prospects your looking for ? and our 1st pick is automatically yours in this deal :nod:

Like I said not trying to give you nothing but we have a lot of key guys that I cant see our GM parting with .. Lucic, Bergy, Segs, Marchy, Chara, Hamilton, Rask and I'm NOT sold that Krejci is 4 sale yet either ...

PuqTalk

I love Cogliano
Jun 24, 2012
Texas
Hello fellow quackers :sarcasm: I come in peace :nod:

Great start boys .. congrats !! I've always loved Perry and would love him in Boston .... now I realise its a touchy subject cause I'd want him to stay too ( understandable )

My question is .. Would you down size him for say Horton and move Ryan up ? I realise there both UFA just wondered ?

YES we need to add yet ... I was thinking Peverley would excel there and he can play center ;)

I'm still adding but I'm not sure what type of prospects your looking for ? and our 1st pick is automatically yours in this deal :nod:

Like I said not trying to give you nothing but we have a lot of key guys that I cant see our GM parting with .. Lucic, Bergy, Segs, Marchy, Chara, Hamilton, Rask and I'm NOT sold that Krejci is 4 sale yet either ...

I doubt we'd be bothered with a pending UFA... I know Perry is one as well, but I see Murray going the same route that Nashville and New Jersey did.

duxfan8

Sep 13, 2011
South Bay
I wouldn't mind trading Perry for OV. The only thing is, we'd have to make the deal good enough for Washington to take some of the salary on. We can't be paying 9.5 mil for a player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad