Proposal: Perry for Ovechkin?

DigitalSea

Thank you Landon
Jun 13, 2011
Anaheim, CA
Assuming our internal cap isn't an issue, would you do it? Personally if we get down to the end of the season and perry shows no interest in resigning, I feel like this would be a pretty even trade, assuming Ovechkin can get it together with a change of scenery.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
Reuniting BB and Ovi? Don't think that would work. Otherwise Ovechkin is a good player, throws the body around and has the offensive instincts, but he just doesn't seem interested in hockey anymore. Coming from lower-middle class Moscow family, I imagine he's been dazzled somewhat by the rich lifestyle.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Hell no. Ovie dominated the east coast where scoring was easier. They're both playing badly, but Ovie was playing in the KHL. Perry was couch warming. He has an excuse. Ovie doesn't. Plus we don't need him to be re-united with Boudreau and just cause more problems.

pesko

Sep 14, 2004
No. Ovi is declining, both mentally and physically. His production would be even worse in the west.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Not a chance. Not even if Caps would retain half of the cap, because his contract still lasts up until 2021. Ridiculous. Also, add to that that BB likely doesn't want to be reunited with Ovie.

Last edited:

gradeAducksfan

Mar 29, 2010
Anaheim
If these Ducks are playing at the level they are by the deadline their is no chance he's going to get traded.

You need players like Perry for the playoffs.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I don't think Bruce hates Ovy, but I definitely get the sense that he doesn't want to coach him again any time soon.

That contract he's on is awful, which likely kills any possibility that our GM would go anywhere near it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
dont feel like checking but hasnt perry produced as good as ovie the last 2-3 years?

Not to mention he cost half as much... and even with a 9 mil contract we still saving a ton o_O

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Assuming our internal cap isn't an issue, would you do it? Personally if we get down to the end of the season and perry shows no interest in resigning, I feel like this would be a pretty even trade, assuming Ovechkin can get it together with a change of scenery.
even in this situation i dont know...yeah you would be getting something for perry, but those contracts scare the crap of me

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
I guess I'll be the only one who will say they would due this trade. It's not looking good that Perry will re-sign. Plus Ovie would raise the teams internal cap by himself due to his marketability.

I'd be doubtful of reuniting BB and Ovie though.

WestCoast

Oct 25, 2006
After watching the Pens/Caps game tonight I don't buy the Ovie is disinterested theory, he was doing a lot out there, the Capitals just offer nothing outside Backstrom and Ribeiro, they are like an AHL team with 3 good players put in there.

navyduck

Sep 26, 2011
Sorry, to me there is just no way. I only see Ovechkin as a one way offensive player where as Perry has proven he can play in most situations (I.E. the pk)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad