Victoria B.C.
Pittsburg record after getting Perron

16W 20L

Pittsburg record before getting Perron

24W 14L

Perron’s personal Stats

Oilers - 38GP 5G 14A 19P -17

Pens - 36GP 12G 9A 21P -5

You would think that Perron himself and the Pens would have done better.

Last edited:

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
Apples and Oranges in my opinion.

Perron is not the reason they are losing, nor will he be the reason when they're winning.

Bigger horses pull that carriage.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
they were playing like junk before the Perron trade, over a shorter term than what you are stating. They really didn't want to trade any of their picks or prospects this year, but the team is in collapse so that philosophy went out the window.

Getting Perron actually led to them winning some games, but it looks like they have fallen off yet again.

imo the issue is that the league is attacking the skill game. Scoring is way down league wide. The Pens are built on scoring so it has hit them hardest. A player like Crosby is no longer best in the league in this environment imo.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Perron should work well better with Malkin, he's not meshing that well with Crosby. Perron had a wide open net tonight to score in and got robbed by a Cam Ward sliding glove.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
they were playing like junk before the Perron trade, over a shorter term than what you are stating. They really didn't want to trade any of their picks or prospects this year, but the team is in collapse so that philosophy went out the window.

Getting Perron actually led to them winning some games, but it looks like they have fallen off yet again.

imo the issue is that the league is attacking the skill game. Scoring is way down league wide. The Pens are built on scoring so it has hit them hardest. A player like Crosby is no longer best in the league in this environment imo.

They are weak on the back end compared to previous years, Orpik was horse for them.

Maybe it also suggests some things about Perron's game as well, not to say he single handed made them lose more.

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
Pittsburgh is going to make the playoffs something the Oilers haven't tasted now going on nine years. Perron got out of a bad situation in Edmonton, hard to blame him and gets to play with Crosby. If this was Toronto, sure I would have a laugh.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Well one player doesn't make a team obviously... Pens have had some major injury issues as well.

I don't have all the answers for their mediocre play in the second half but my gut instinct is that they likely have been somewhat in cruise mode this season... not wanting to burn all their energy before the playoffs and saving the best for when the games truly count... ala the "Kings method". :)

Of course you don't want to cut it too fine and miss the second season entirely.

If they can stay healthy going forward and MAF can play even average in net... the regular season results will mean nothing if they can turn it on when the playoffs arrive.

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
Well one player doesn't make a team obviously... Pens have had some major injury issues as well.

I don't have all the answers for their mediocre play in the second half but my gut instinct is that they likely have been somewhat in cruise mode this season... not wanting to burn all their energy before the playoffs and saving the best for when the games truly count... ala the "Kings method". :)

Of course you don't want to cut it too fine and miss the second season entirely.

If they can stay healthy going forward and MAF can play even average in net... the regular season results will mean nothing if they can turn it on when the playoffs arrive.

Agreed and the eastern conference playoffs will be wide open. I don't see a clear cut favorite other than Montreal.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.

The Kings are playing with fire in a serious way :)

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
LA never ever scored much either, depends on your entire game both ways.

You're right, but even as you watch Montreal play you can just tell that they're only a good team because of Price. They're outshooting the Jets by nearly a 2-1 margin and losing by 3 goals with Tokarski in net.

They'll probably win a round but they won't get much further.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
You're right, but even as you watch Montreal play you can just tell that they're only a good team because of Price. They're outshooting the Jets by nearly a 2-1 margin and losing by 3 goals with Tokarski in net.

They'll probably win a round but they won't get much further.

Maybe, but it wouldn't be the first time a hot goalie took his team to the cup or deep in the playoffs, its ALL about goaltending in the cup run. Very rarely does a mediocre performance by a goalie win the cup.

I still shutter thinking about Oilers/Canes, they both should not have been there, if not for their goalies they would not have been.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Maybe, but it wouldn't be the first time a hot goalie took his team to the cup or deep in the playoffs, its ALL about goaltending in the cup run. Very rarely does a mediocre performance by a goalie win the cup.

I still shutter thinking about Oilers/Canes, they both should not have been there if not for their goalies.

Very true. Price can take them far (especially given the lack of good goaltending out east), but if he falters or worse, gets hurt, they're done like dinner. I wouldn't be surprised if the ECF is the same as last year, but the east is wide open too with only the Rangers standing above everyone else.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
I see our dead parakeet Pety is putting up a good game for montreal tonight... According to their board they are looking at 5.5milx 6 years to get this guy signed... just ugly:facepalm:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The fact that they're doing this well without Henrik really shows how good they are.

I agree with that as well.

They are my choice to come out of the East.

In the West I like the Wild.
Unfortunately I also think the Flames are going to cause some damage.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I agree with that as well.

They are my choice to come out of the East.

In the West I like the Wild.
Unfortunately I also think the Flames are going to cause some damage.

They are the best team so I wouldn't be surprised. As for the West, until someone deposes the Kings they have to be the favourite, wild card or not.

The OOT is really crippling Calgary's playoff hopes. :D

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
They are the best team so I wouldn't be surprised. As for the West, until someone deposes the Kings they have to be the favourite, wild card or not.

The OOT is really crippling Calgary's playoff hopes. :D

Indeed. The Flames may not make it...wouldn't break my heart. :D

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Very true. Price can take them far (especially given the lack of good goaltending out east), but if he falters or worse, gets hurt, they're done like dinner. I wouldn't be surprised if the ECF is the same as last year, but the east is wide open too with only the Rangers standing above everyone else.

Dunno about lack of good goaltending in the East, Habs-Bolts-Rangers have pretty serious goaltending, not sure off the top of my head if there are any better in the West.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad