Pre-Game Talk: Perhaps it is time to begin this discussion - Rangers @ Isles 4/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
ABOUT FREAKING TIME.

It's been to long since there has been a meaningful game between these two teams in April.

Brooks has an article in the Post today about this very same thing.

We need the season series with these guys to mean something, not just one game.

I am so pumped for this game. I hope the Rangers come out and match the intensity.

The building will be just about split 50/50 so we should have a good amount of crowd support.

I see a 4-2 Rangers win.

Nash, Stepan, Brassard and Clowe

Moulson with 2 and Tavares with 2 helpers.

*Bob Richards*

The New York Rangers and their depressed fans. Y'all need Jesus.
If we lose, I plan purchasing a blockbuster and cry inside my already failing business with no employees or customers and pretend that's the reason why I'm depressed because that will be less depressing than the alternative.

This was oddly specific......yet extremely hilarious.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Gonna be a fun game. Can't see it not being a close one.

3-2 Isles in shootout. Which is ok as long as we win 6 of the next 7 :D

JayQueensNY88*

What's there to discuss? They have to win,discussion over

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Grabner never scores on breakaways.. he can't finish...

Should be an epic game -- close, I'm sure..

Let's hope this is the beginning of a renewed rivalry -- in place of what we had the past couple of years, with each team at opposite ends of the standings.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Boyle on the 2nd line. AWESOME. :help:

“@AGrossRecord: #NYR practice lines: Nash-Stepan-Callahan (same), Clowe-Richards-Boyle, Hagelin-Brassard-Zuccarello, Pyatt-Powe-Asham (same).â€

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

“@AGrossRecord: #NYR practice lines: Nash-Stepan-Callahan (same), Clowe-Richards-Boyle, Hagelin-Brassard-Zuccarello, Pyatt-Powe-Asham (same).â€

I was going to say how long until someone says something negative about Boyle on the second line, but then realized you already had above the tweet. :laugh:

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Survive the first 10 minutes, either scoreless or with a lead, and the Rangers will win.

Isles are going to come out like gangbusters. Torts doesnt like pressuring the puck early on, so look for the Isles to take advantage and dictate play.

Almost three days off for Henrik. Cant use the "tired" excuse. He needs to be at his best. If anything, he's got experience on his side. Every one of his NHL seasons has come down to crucial March/April games.

Survive.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Is there really no better option than Pyatt? The guy has been irrelevant since week 2.

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
Wow all the sports shows in NY are talking hockey...

The last time these two faced off in a meaningful game Chris Simon was charged with a felony.

68Forever

Sep 2, 2008
Queens, NY
I am thinking that Zuccarello will have a huge game... he is almost there, getting chances and making things happen.

2 G 1 A 1st star

We win 4-2 with an empty netter

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

No surprise, it's the same way the lines ended the last game we played.

I'd rather go with...

Nash - Stepan - Zuccarello
Clowe - Richards - Callahan
Hagelin - Brassard - Boyle
Pyatt - Powe - Asham

But that's me.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
This final push in the stretch will be make or brake for Zuuc, imo. At least as far as him being a Ranger. No pressure. He needs to find a way to put the puck in the net during regulation. Big test for a guy with a big heart.

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York

Going by performance as of late, that 3rd line should be the second line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad