Perezhogin and Higgins scored their 1st NHL goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
apparently Perezhogin was great today, he scored on his 1st NHL game. while Higgins at his 2nd.. so far the rookies have been the better forwards.. Plekanec, Higgins and Hossa have been very good, and Plekanec and Higgins already have regular pk ice time !!! :amazed: they were on the ice with 10 seconds left with Jagr on the ice. (well obviously Ryder is the story but..)

Future seem good in montreal.

MisterUnspoken

Vintage
Nov 10, 2002
New York
Crusher20 said:
apparently Perezhogin was great today, he scored on his 1st NHL game. while Higgins at his 2nd.. so far the rookies have been the better forwards.. Plekanec, Higgins and Hossa have been very good, and Plekanec and Higgins already have regular pk ice time !!! :amazed: they were on the ice with 10 seconds left with Jagr on the ice. (well obviously Ryder is the story but..)

Future seem good in montreal.

Hossa of course plays for rthe Rangers though ;)

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
sharkyz15 said:
WOW

so did about 20 other players in the past 2 days

Why do these guys deserve their own thread???

sorry to overload the board.

why? because they are consider great prospects and hey, dont any respectable prospect.. deserve some kind of respect.. i mean.. they ARE HABS players...

;)

because there is 3 games tonight. and they were the best players out there.. i mean, its 1am.. does it matter that much?

or your team just lost and your are frustrated.. dont know.. but hey, its prospect board, wanna talk about something else here? oh wait, Latendresse scored 1 goal and 2 assists in his first LHJMQ game.. oh... sorry he already had goals last season.. :dunno: mmm wait.. Higgins may be on the USA olympic team.. nahhh who cares? Perezhogin could battle for calder.. nahh who cares.. oh wait.. Perezhogin has no chance in hell.. so lets go with the typical, Crosby/Ovechkin right.?

blah..

Transported Upstater

Crusher20 said:

why? because they are consider great prospects and hey, dont any respectable prospect.. deserve some kind of respect.. i mean.. they ARE HABS players...

;)

because there is 3 games tonight. and they were the best players out there.. i mean, its 1am.. does it matter that much?

or your team just lost and your are frustrated.. dont know.. but hey, its prospect board, wanna talk about something else here? oh wait, Latendresse scored 1 goal and 2 assists in his first LHJMQ game.. oh... sorry he already had goals last season.. :dunno: mmm wait.. Higgins may be on the USA olympic team.. nahhh who cares? Perezhogin could battle for calder.. nahh who cares.. oh wait.. Perezhogin has no chance in hell.. so lets go with the typical, Crosby/Ovechkin right.?

blah..

I find nothing wrong with your thread at all.

As for the two prospects, they both bring different games, but both will be valuable to Les Habs in the future.

Question for MTL fans: Do you think the Hossa trade was to make room for Perezhogin? I say this because I'm pretty sure Higgins and Plekanek (spelling?) made the team regardless, and since Hossa had a MUCH better camp than in previous years they must have been very impressed with Perez, enough to make room for him on the roster. Any thoughts?

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
TransportedUpstater said:

As for the two prospects, they both bring different games, but both will be valuable to Les Habs in the future.

Question for MTL fans: Do you think the Hossa trade was to make room for Perezhogin? I say this because I'm pretty sure Higgins and Plekanek (spelling?) made the team regardless, and since Hossa had a MUCH better camp than in previous years they must have been very impressed with Perez, enough to make room for him on the roster. Any thoughts?

Yeah, it was to keep our 3 youngster and an inforcer...

Higgins is great...he's already on the PK and he's pretty good at it!

Perezhogin was so fast out there...that was incredible! He will be a good one!

Hossa, for the Rangers, wasn't really good. After his goal, he was pretty much invisible on the ice...like the last 3 seasons, he shows flash of brillance at the beginning but disapere for the rest of the season

Munchausen

So far it certainly looks like it, although I'm not so much puzzled by the fact they let Hossa go, we've all seen more than once Hossa look phenomenal for 5-10 games before falling into nothingness for the rest of the season, but the fact they chose to keep the useless pylon that is Pierre Dagenais over him is mind boggling. I swear every time I see this big pile of puke play, I get feverish chills of disgust.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
it seems like the reputation of Hossa was well known around the league... even at the draft time i remember hearing the same comments.. he is maybe not lazy.. but he dissapear for long stretchs of games.. then again, Bondra was that way.. but the hossa streaks dont go for more than 5 games so far.. anyway, gotta wait and see, but Hossa was on par on offensive talent but no way they even compare in work ethic and motivation on the ice.. and that made the big difference. Hossa has shown this type of skills long ago, he had the same skills in hamilton and sweden, where he didnt broke anything either.still he might have find his groove but the spots to Higgs and Perezhogin were pretty much locks.. while Plekanec had to shown he could do it in the big, and he proved it quite easily.

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

He didnt have a "much" better camp, hes been having very good camps since he's been in the organization.

Queen

Oct 1, 2005
Montreal, QC
There was simply no room for Hossa. Perezhogin, Plekanec, Higgins all deserved the spots - perhaps moreso than Hossa, who has busted in the past. Also, we needed to have a big enforcer on the team. We already had plenty of Hossa-like players.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Crusher20 said:

blah..
lol, no its because they are habs prospects, yes they are good prospects, but great? i think its a bit of a reach to say that IMO

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
J17ster said:
lol, no its because they are habs prospects, yes they are good prospects, but great? i think its a bit of a reach to say that IMO

there is terrible, bad, so so, good, great and incredible prospects.

granted Higgins isnt great on offense but the guy does it all, you may underate the aspect wich is less talked about, intensity, leadership and great 2 way game. while Perezhogin IS a great offensive potential and also his a 2way player. take it for what it is worth.

what is a great prospect for you?

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Hossa was not to make the team when camp started. To make the team he had to dislodge one of the veterans as 3 spots were reserved for rookies (Pleks, Higgs, Zhogin). Apparently he did not do better than Dagenais... So he was sent away...

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
nice assignment for Perez -- playing with Koivu and Kovalev

not a bad welcome to the NHL

Higgins did look pretty gritty as well as show some offensive skill in the NYR game

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Crusher20 said:
there is terrible, bad, so so, good, great and incredible prospects.

granted Higgins isnt great on offense but the guy does it all, you may underate the aspect wich is less talked about, intensity, leadership and great 2 way game. while Perezhogin IS a great offensive potential and also his a 2way player. take it for what it is worth.

what is a great prospect for you?
Higgins is solid, i can see him being a very solid third liner. Perezhogin is a good prospect. But i think the term "great prospect" is overused abit.

Deleted member 3032

nomorekids said:
Curses, and to think I could have started a "Ryan Suter gets first assist" thread!

Don't worry, you can still start a "Ryan Suter gets his first goal!" thread when that happens. ;)

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
nomorekids said:
Curses, and to think I could have started a "Ryan Suter gets first assist" thread!

lol.. i still didnt do a Komisarek scores his first goal.. and he is around the NHL for 2 years!!! loll

but when he will score.. he will become a 20 goal scorer! ;)

in a serious note, i posted this cause both scored on the same night.

Transported Upstater

Crusher20 said:
lol.. i still didnt do a Komisarek scores his first goal.. and he is around the NHL for 2 years!!! loll

but when he will score.. he will become a 20 goal scorer! ;)

in a serious note, i posted this cause both scored on the same night.

I'm a Komisarek fan.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Komi is still adjusting, i dont know if he will ever be able to find the synchronism needed in the NHL. he got the physical attributes and speed but dont seem to have the instincts.. will have to wait and see. Streit who replaced him tonight played a good game. Komi was to start doing more than try to hit once in a while.

btw

Perezhogin scored his second goal tonight in as many nhl games. :)

Transported Upstater

Crusher20 said:
Komi is still adjusting, i dont know if he will ever be able to find the synchronism needed in the NHL. he got the physical attributes and speed but dont seem to have the instincts.. will have to wait and see. Streit who replaced him tonight played a good game. Komi was to start doing more than try to hit once in a while.

btw

Perezhogin scored his second goal tonight in as many nhl games. :)

Yeah I know, I'm a Toronto fan :madfire: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad