Post-Game Talk: Perds @ Habs 6 pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Ah, back to some good old WINNER PIE! Snossis first and second slice to Juuse.

Go Preds!

French, French Canadian* -- either one would say "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries" PROBABLY.

*Ta mère était un hamster et ton père sentait le sureau

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
Whew.

This team really needs to learn how to play with a lead. A good team capitalizes on those chances against us. Luckily the Habs are a struggling team.
Maybe. But they still won with the lead. While being outshot woefully in the third. Glass half full.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Maybe. But they still won with the lead. While being outshot woefully in the third. Glass half full.

Outside of a vacuum, all glasses are always 100% filled ... what changes is the ratio between liquids, solids, and gasses.

This team ends up on its heels far too often ... gives up leads far too often ... and tonight was a prime example of struggling to clear the puck, not generating any offensive pressure, and in scramble mode for the last 20 minutes plus. We let a struggling team, a below .500 at home team, get back into the game and dictate play in the 3rd.

At some point the Preds need to learn how to play with a lead. They need to hone that edge to set the terms. Right now, they aren't there and hence they float around .500 ... still below .500 on the road. 95 points for the season (lower end of playoff expectations) requires 57.9 percent of total points ... currently the team is on a 87-88 point pace.

Reactions: Adz

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
Outside of a vacuum, all glasses are always 100% filled ... what changes is the ratio between liquids, solids, and gasses.

This team ends up on its heels far too often ... gives up leads far too often ... and tonight was a prime example of struggling to clear the puck, not generating any offensive pressure, and in scramble mode for the last 20 minutes plus. We let a struggling team, a below .500 at home team, get back into the game and dictate play in the 3rd.

At some point the Preds need to learn how to play with a lead. They need to hone that edge to set the terms. Right now, they aren't there and hence they float around .500 ... still below .500 on the road. 95 points for the season (lower end of playoff expectations) requires 57.9 percent of total points ... currently the team is on a 87-88 point pace.
I’m just enjoying this stretch. I know that the glass will be half empty at some point soon and, because of that, I would encourage you to enjoy this run, as well. A hockey season is inside a vacuum. You know that.

On to Tuesday. I expect we will get beat. I hope I’m proven wrong and not leaving the barn early. Go Preds.

Reactions: Adz

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Did you go around saying this as a young lady? 😱🤣

Not quite what I expected Google translate to say...
I'm afraid I did! But everyone I said it to was also subject to the same bastardized French class in Lewisburg TN. Or they were the "Spanish" kids (eyes roll, all they did was learn Eres Tu and probably how to say the same thing in Spanish)

Reactions: nine_inch_fang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad