Rumor: per Dreger: Sharks interested in Clutterbuck (Nope - traded to NYI)

ramstoria

Mar 4, 2011
Sacramento
I've wanted Clutterbuck for a couple of years. Torres lowers our need for him, but I still think he'd be a great piece for us to add. More depth, another role player. Something we've painfully lacked over the years.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I've wanted Clutterbuck for a couple of years. Torres lowers our need for him, but I still think he'd be a great piece for us to add. More depth, another role player. Something we've painfully lacked over the years.

Yep - can contribute 10-15 goals, take on the toughs, kills penalties. Considering the cap situation with the Sharks I would imagine they'll be trying to acquire players like Clutterbuck, Kennedy, etc.

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
anything under 2million for Cal and I say F-ya!! Having Clutter not only gives us a back-up to the "torres" role, it makes this team down right nasty..

Throw him a "Burish" contract and be done :handclap:

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
wed have to offersheet him correct? so wed be giving up a second rounder in compensation given his potential caphit?

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
I like him but he doesn't fill their biggest need, which is scoring. With how good this draft is I'd hate to blow even a 3rd round draft pick on him.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
wed have to offersheet him correct? so wed be giving up a second rounder in compensation given his potential caphit?

it would be a trade for his RFA rights, no? same thing with the Kennedy speculation.

Clutterbuck's QO is 1.7M. Kennedy is 2M. i'm guessing they'd both take 2-2.2M. no loss of draft picks and all that (beyond what they paid to get the rights).

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
it would be a trade for his RFA rights, no? same thing with the Kennedy speculation.

so as long as minny doesnt tender a QO we can trade for his rights? either way i cant see it being incredibly cheap. but a second rounder just for the rights is probably out of the questions.

he will probably get 2-2.5 mil

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
I did not realize he was an RFA.

I wouldn't mind giving up a late 2nd rounder for him but that definitely makes it a little less attractive.

In next year's draft sure, this year's draft no thank you. Too good of a draft to waste a 2nd rounder on a guy who doesn't add much scoring depth.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
so as long as minny doesnt tender a QO we can trade for his rights? either way i cant see it being incredibly cheap. but a second rounder just for the rights is probably out of the questions.

he will probably get 2-2.5 mil

if they trade for the rights they can sign a deal regardless of what the Wild did and don't have to surrender any kind of compensation and i'll dig up a tweet but i think the reported asking price for the rights was a 2nd and b prospect.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
if they trade for the rights they can sign a deal regardless of what the Wild did and don't have to surrender any kind of compensation and i'll dig up a tweet but i think the reported asking price for the rights was a 2nd and b prospect.

if its our last second rounder and one of our d prospects id do it.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
About 30 points as a 3rd line is pretty good imo

I think this team needs more than that with Havlat out. They need a guy who can fill in on the top 6 in a pinch and not drag the line down. I'd prefer Kennedy myself, more upside offensively. Granted, not nearly as physical.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are thinking using Torres on the 2nd line as they did in the playoffs.

Gali - JT - Burns
Marleau - Couture - Torres
?? - Pavs - Clutterbuck/Kennedy

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Per LeBrun Tyler Kennedy might (repeat, might) be available - would prefer him to Clutterbuck if I was given a choice.

For people thinking the team can add a 2nd line scoring winger, don't count on it unless the Sharks trade out $$ or are 100% convinced Havlat is done for the year.

SJSharks42

May 8, 2009
I think this team needs more than that with Havlat out. They need a guy who can fill in on the top 6 in a pinch and not drag the line down. I'd prefer Kennedy myself, more upside offensively. Granted, not nearly as physical.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are thinking using Torres on the 2nd line as they did in the playoffs.

Gali - JT - Burns
Marleau - Couture - Torres
?? - Pavs - Clutterbuck/Kennedy

No Torres on the second line please. He was bad there during the playoffs.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I would be fine with either Clutterbuck or TK to be honest, both fit our needs in different ways. In fact, I would offer up Burish and a 4th or something for Clutterbuck (since Clutterbuck is an RFA without a contract) and try to get TK as well, he's been pretty terrible lately so our worst 2nd is the most I'd give up.

Marleau - Couture - Havlat
Galiardi - Thornton - Pavelski
Torres - Hertl - Kennedy
Desjardins - Sheppard - Clutterbuck

Stuart - Burns
Vlasic - Braun
Irwin - Demers

Trade Boyle for some more picks.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
I'd love Clutterbuck, assuming we can sign him to a reasonable contract. I'd gladly give Minnesota the 58th overall pick for him. Still leaves us with a first and two seconds. I'd say that's fair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad