Post-Game Talk: Pens win vs Islanders: Lots of milestones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Letang, Geno and Puusy all having milestone nights. Jarry was solid too. Great game boys.

IMG_6126.gif

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Because @Zirakzigil can't wait 2 minutes for some conversations to conclude...

You said “nobody in the NHL universe considers him a legitimate NHL prospect.”

It’s ok to say you were overzealous and wrong. I wouldn’t know, on account of I’ve never been wrong about anything ever, but I can image what it would be like.
@SomeDude That may have been a bit hyperbolic on my part if I worded it like that, but we've also seen a number of players have strong 15-20 games in the NHL and then fade.

So, let's tap the brakes and see how he continues to play in different situations.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
firing errey was a horrendous move. making a 7-0 game sound like a complete chore is some impressive broadcasting

Nobody sucks worse than Phil Bourque. But Getzoff, Mears, Colby & even Rupp come pretty damn close. I didn't expect much from Colby but I thought/hoped Rupp would be better.

Reactions: Fordy

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
firing errey was a horrendous move. making a 7-0 game where one of your stars sets an nhl record sound like a complete chore is some impressive broadcasting
I am speculating, but I think FSG approached Errey and said, "Hey, we want to add more guys to the mix, so you wouldn't do a whole schedule this year" and Errey may have balked. After all, he's been the only analyst for a long time. So if he balked, FSG then said, "Fine, you won't do any."

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I am speculating, but I think FSG approached Errey and said, "Hey, we want to add more guys to the mix, so you wouldn't do a whole schedule this year" and Errey may have balked. After all, he's been the only analyst for a long time. So if he balked, FSG then said, "Fine, you won't do any."
if so then he was right and knew his worth

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
Letang +6 so nice buffer for the rest of the bad games he will have. Really why do you guys act like the Pens won the cup after they beat a team that played like crap? Team is have a mini streak like most teams do before the wheels fall off when things heat up after the new year.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Could be, but I have a feeling they saw/heard him be critical of the team at times last year and want only propaganda pushers like Jack Edwards on our now sister station NESN.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Hopefully this is something they build on and not another game we look back on in frustration in 3 weeks referencing how good they can be.
Think it’s an outlier and we’ll have a 2-1 loss at home to the Isles in a few days…but dammit, I’m just going to enjoy it tonight lol

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
firing errey was a horrendous move. making a 7-0 game where one of your stars sets an nhl record sound like a complete chore is some impressive broadcasting
Bourque is ok but Rupp is so bland. Colby kinda sucks too

Reactions: vodeni

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I think we were up 1 goal and it was still too close for comfort.

Puck was in our zone for a little bit, EK got ahold of the puck, and our 3 forwards went to change, leaving him basically alone with 3 Islander forwards charging at him on our side of the blueline. He does a little pirouette with the puck, gains a second, and flips the puck to one of our forwards in the NZ who skate the puck into their zone. We maintained possession in their zone for about a minute and then scored the 2nd goal.

It definitely changed the game. And he’s the only player we have on defense who can do that.

If we really want to be bottom feeders, we trade him. If we want a shot at the big tourney, we keep him. It’s that simple.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad