Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Wild | win | We score 6 and we win, it’s science

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Well, in spite of some horrific breakdowns, we won this one handily. Letang finally scored and Crosby showed up. Team really needs to clean up their play and Jarry has to be better.
giphy.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Jarry was terrible but it's really hard to make any complaints beyond that.

I'm so glad that I was dead wrong about POJ sucking and not being able to play in the NHL. They really need to increase his responsibilities to make sure he can work in a top-4 role. Knowing POJ can work in a 2nd pair role with Petry really opens up the Penguins to moving on from Dumoulin and replacing him with Smith.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
You couldn't even script it like this.

Mike Sullivan should be fired.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Wouldja lookit that dontcha know

Midwest dorks don't deserve a team with those uniforms.

Remember when Gustavsson was a highly regarded goalie prospect? :laugh: Dude's garbo.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I was just thinking at least Hextall didn’t give Jarry a big contract. Then I realized he’s gonna pull some **** like bail Florida out of the Bobrovsky contract.

Anyways, Crosby is back.

Reactions: ncm7772 and Andy99

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Got to get the cruddy defense out with drafting and better goalies.... thought we made improvements guess not..

Reactions: ncm7772

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Jarry was terrible but it's really hard to make any complaints beyond that.

I'm so glad that I was dead wrong about POJ sucking and not being able to play in the NHL. They really need to increase his responsibilities to make sure he can work in a top-4 role. Knowing POJ can work in a 2nd pair role with Petry really opens up the Penguins to moving on from Dumoulin and replacing him with Smith.
I think @Gurglesons hit the nail on the head by saying he looks like a young Dumoulin. He really does right now. Less thick/strong but the same combination of size, skating, and defensive conscience. If he fills out the frame he could be a keeper. I know that's said about every young player ever but I like him.

I'll also give myself a slight pat on the back by saying earlier in the season that I always liked POJ and I was glad the Pens didn't give him away for nothing. I've always thought there's a skill set there and it's just a matter of him figuring out NHL speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad