Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
giphy.gif

vs

wild-reckless.gif

Minnesota Wild
(44-23-10, third in the Central Division)

vs.

Pittsburgh Penguins
(38-30-10, fifth in the Metropolitan Division)

Pittsburgh; Thursday, 7 p.m. EDT

giphy.gif

BOTTOM LINE:
The Pittsburgh Penguins play the Minnesota Wild in a non-conference matchup.

Pittsburgh is 38-30-10 overall and 22-12-5 at home. The Penguins are 7-7-6 in games they have more penalties than their opponent.

Minnesota is 44-23-10 overall and 20-12-6 on the road. The Wild have a 21-9-2 record in games they score at least one power-play goal.

The matchup Thursday is the second time these teams square off this season. The Penguins won 6-4 in the previous matchup.

g0zA.gif

TOP PERFORMERS:
Jake Guentzel has 35 goals and 34 assists for the Penguins. Bryan Rust has five goals and three assists over the last 10 games.

Mats Zuccarello has 22 goals and 44 assists for the Wild. Matthew Boldy has scored 11 goals and added four assists over the past 10 games.

BogusFineGourami-size_restricted.gif

LAST 10 GAMES:

Penguins:
4-6-0, averaging 2.6 goals, 4.3 assists, 4.1 penalties and 10.1 penalty minutes while giving up 3.3 goals per game.

Wild:
6-2-2, averaging 3.7 goals, 5.6 assists, 4.5 penalties and 10.2 penalty minutes while giving up 2.7 goals per game.

giphy-2.gif

INJURIES:

Penguins:
Marcus Pettersson: out (undisclosed), Nick Bonino: out (kidney), Dmitry Kulikov: out (lower body), Jan Rutta: out (undisclosed).

Wild:
Gustav Nyquist: out (shoulder), Mason Shaw: out for season (knee), Kirill Kaprizov: out (lower body).

T1AU.gif

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Is it wrong of me to just hope this team doesn't make the playoffs? I mean if they do, I'm rooting for them to go the distance, but I don't see how just barely making it only to be crushed in the 1st round is conducive to the long-term success of this franchise.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I don't even know what I want with this team.

I do know I want the roster blunders to be mitigated to something exciting on the ice.
I do know I don't want Hex as GM or this type Sully to be in charge of anything Penguins.
I do know I want more out of Sid and Geno's final years.

But this team as it is fo and players... I just don't like them. I don't even care what happens.
Last 5 years have numbed me to the point it just doesn't matter.
The last year has desensitized me to where it doesn't matter and I couldn't care less.

Win.... still in it.
Lose... learning to live in a post sid / geno penguins degen x v2 era.
o_O

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Is it wrong of me to just hope this team doesn't make the playoffs? I mean if they do, I'm rooting for them to go the distance, but I don't see how just barely making it only to be crushed in the 1st round is conducive to the long-term success of this franchise.
You of all people should know not to make decisions based on emotions.

giphy.gif

glass-case.gif

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I don't know if we need to go 4-0 to get in, but I can't imagine we can do any worse than 3-1 and still get in.

Hopefully Florida is about to enter a little bit of a losing streak here. They're due to lose one or two. We're due to win one or two.

The Isles have also been losing unfortunately so I dunno how much longer we can rely on that to keep happening.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
We only scored 1 against the Devils.

The wild have been playing amazingly. Hopefully we can shelter the bottom pairing and have the top 6 rack some points up for the W.

We really do need the wins now. I can't believe how many points we blew.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lol…why do the media constantly ask about urgency…urgency is not the problem…they seem not to realize that the Pens are playing the way they do because they suck, lack confidence and hence are indecisive lol…

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Lol…why do the media constantly ask about urgency…urgency is not the problem…they seem not to realize that the Pens are playing the way they do because they suck, lack confidence and hence are indecisive lol…

"like a dirt farmer dangles a carrot in front of a mule"

That is why.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad