Brock McGinn -- Jeff Carter -- Kasperi Kapanen
Ryan Poehling -- Teddy Blueger -- Josh Archibald
Brian Dumoulin -- Kris Letang
Marcus Pettersson -- Jeff Petry
Pierre-Olivier Joseph -- Chad Ruhwedel
Casey DeSmith
Dustin Tokarski
Scratched: Drew O'Connor, Danton Heinen, Mark Friedman
Injured: Tristan Jarry (upper body), Jan Rutta (upper body)

Sharks projected lineup
Timo Meier -- Tomas Hertl -- Noah Gregor
Michael Eyssimont -- Logan Couture -- Alexander Barabanov
Nick Bonino -- Nico Sturm -- Oskar Lindblom
Evgeny Svechnikov -- Steven Lorentz -- Kevin Labanc
Scott Harrington -- Erik Karlsson
Marc-Edouard Vlasic -- Matt Benning
Jacob MacDonald -- Mario Ferraro
Aaron Dell
Kaapo Kahkonen
Scratched: Nick Cicek
Injured: Luke Kunin (knee), Markus Nutivaara (lower body), Radim Simek (upper body), James Reimer (illness), Jonah Gadjovich (upper body)

Status report
The Penguins held an optional morning skate Tuesday. ... DeSmith will make his seventh straight start. ... Dell is expected to start after he made eight saves in relief of Kahkonen in a 4-1 win at the Washington Capitals on Sunday... Gadjovich, a forward, is week to week after being
injured Sunday; Labanc will take his place on the fourth line.​

7261_pittsburgh_penguins-jersey-1996.png

GAME PREVIEW
The Penguins conclude their California road trip with a visit to San Jose to take on the Sharks at SAP Center. The Penguins have won 12 of their last 16 games versus Western Conference opponents. They are 14-9-0 versus the West this season. The Penguins are averaging 3.8 goals per game over the last five games following a game where they were shut out. Tonight's game is the Penguins' final game in the pacific time zone.

QUICK HITS

Sidney Crosby enters tonight's game with points in nine of his last 10 games (3G-11A). Since this stretch began on Jan. 16, Crosby's 14 points rank second on team.

Bryan Rust has 10 points (5G-5A) in nine career games against San Jose. His 1.11 points-per-game average versus them is his second highest against one team (St. Louis, 1.33).

Sidney Crosby has faced San Jose netminder James Reimer nine times in his career. In those games, he has nine goals on 33 shots (27.3 shooting percentage).

Defenseman Marcus Pettersson is currently four blocked shots away from tying his career high of 108 set in 84 games during the 2018-19 season.

Pittsburgh has 34 goals over its last 10 games dating back to Jan. 16. In that span, the team's 3.40 goals-per-game average is tied for sixth in the NHL.​

bVteiCUg4aIoDO69vZFOgOatJBPCy-AY4tw0UE5BACA.jpg

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Can't afford to lose this one with our upcoming schedule.

Which means we probably will, everyone will panic, and then we'll somehow squeeze enough points out of the next three games to stay competitive. Because this team always tortures us that way.

Reactions: Andy99

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I hope the game goes better than the headache I just had trying to figure out why the title is in MST and not PST or EST.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Good Andy impression. Even the avatar is on point.
lol…you think I would predict a win tonight? Sadly no…we’re going to get some third string goalie or Reimer and we’re going to get him a huge raise on his next contract because he looks so good against us lol…

Look ay these lousy contracts for players who are on the down side and getting slow. Top 21 Salaries: 2022-23 — The Fourth Period

All I can say is thank god we’re not paying Doughty or OEL lol

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Head-to-head matchup​

1penshark.JPG

even the Sharks finish their chances better than we do…apparently the Sharks are 1-8-4 at home when the opponent scores first…of course this is the Pens, who don’t get the legs warmed up until midway thru the second …

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
The Rangers paid Panarin over $ 11,000,000 dollars for a full 16 goals, games played 53 games.... crazy nonsense going on with this league.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
lol…you think I would predict a win tonight? Sadly no…we’re going to get some third string goalie or Reimer and we’re going to get him a huge raise on his next contract because he looks so good against us lol…

All I can say is thank god we’re not paying Doughty or OEL lol
Geno did not take the optional, that must count for something eh?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Depends if Andy's attending and getting Karlsson off his game.
unfortunately not…my girlfriend would not be happy if I ditched Valentines Day for the Sharks game…she puts up with my hockey love but that only goes so far lol

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
unfortunately not…my girlfriend would not be happy if I ditched Valentines Day for the Sharks game…she puts up with my hockey love but that only goes so far lol
Oof. Not ideal for the team but the right call ultimately.
Just keep it light at dinner with her. Whatever you do, DO NOT bring up stats showing how restaurant prices are steadily on the rise or how X amount of relationships are doomed to fail...

She won't appreciate the numbers like we do.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Oof. Not ideal for the team but the right call ultimately.
Just keep it light at dinner with her. Whatever you do, DO NOT bring up stats showing how restaurant prices are steadily on the rise or how X amount of relationships are doomed to fail...

She won't appreciate the numbers like we do.
No…it can only be good luck for the Pens if I’m not there… I’ve seen one win against the Sharks in SJ in years of watching…luckily that was game 4 of the SCF lol

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
No…it can only be good luck for the Pens if I’m not there… I’ve seen one win against the Sharks in SJ in years of watching…luckily that was game 4 of the SCF lol
It's cause I was there. I brought the good luck.

Then again, i was also at the preceding like fifteen year losing streak at every sharks pens game lol

So maybe that wasn't it

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm gonna say we win, even with the sieve between the pipes again.

Sharks just made the cross country trip and we've been waiting for them.

Hope CDS pitches a shutout.
He gave up 5 goals to the Sharks..I meanCouture…last game 2 weeks ago lol…but kudos on you for the optimism…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad