• Rully

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
McGinn getting 5 minutes of icetime is frankly even dumber than only playing Gruden 3. I get that Brock is a bit streaky but the poor guy seems utterly wasted on this roster for like 75% of his time here.
Feels like the bolded could be said about multiple guys on this roster.

Almost like there's a common theme emerging...

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
GCR isn't even THAT terrific in the grand scheme. When they are scoring they tend to score in bunches. And obviously Sid and Jake have a longstanding terrific track record but when they are stalling out they tend to be a trainwreck. And there has been more valleys than hills as time goes on.
Yeah, it wasn't like GCH which was way better and got dismantled as soon as it was feasible to do so.

It's truly strange like you said to elevate what is a rather mixed-results line dynamic for seasons at a time over team success or at the very least a better CHANCE at team success.

Funny enough it would usually be about now that I'd be clamoring for Jake to have a try on L2. But Zucker and Malkin are working well. Though maybe Zucker could help Crosby's game and Malkin Guentzel's game if that makes some sense? IDK
I mean, to the later, I'd be okay with it. But at the same time, I'd probably rather just demote Rust to L3 and promote McGinn but I think the issue is Sullivan doesn't think he's "earned" it, and he sees demoting Rust as being unfair towards a vet. I'd also hesitate to break up Zucker and Geno and Ricky Rax for the moment because a) it's the only line really clicking, b) if we're gonna trade Zuck, might as well pump the tires and c)why should Geno suffer because Sid is the lazy foreigner?

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
here is the coach of the possibly best sport club in the world after coming from behind win today

I mean he’s right, and relatable and honest….and then there’s Sullivan…listening to that makes we want to fire Sullivan right now lol…

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I mean he’s right, and relatable and honest….and then there’s Sullivan…listening to that makes we want to fire Sullivan right now lol…
the whole point is he recognized that his team lost fire, and the guy asked him so how do you get tha back, and he is like...Its my job, its my duty to find that....he benched 3 best players today, he is playing hot guys...I mean there is a reason why he really is the best coach in the world, not bs

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
kuch point Stammer on the same line and headman behind,,,,watching them just shaking my head

I mean we were watching a similar forward group and Sid and Geno’s age.

It’s just JR completely bunked it following that 2017 cup.

Literally every contract he signed and trade he made l after that cup sucked.

Hunwick
Reaves trade
Brassard trade
Sheahan trade (this one worked out IMO)
Oleksiak trade (worked out but then gave him away for reasons)
JJ
Schultz
McCann Bjugstad trade
Hagelin trade
Hornqvist trade
Pearson trade

God, listing them is so frustrating. Then you have Guerin doing exactly what we should’ve done..

Something as similar as Kessel accepting the deal to Minnesota would’ve been huge..

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
the whole point is he recognized that his team lost fire, and the guy asked him so how do you get tha back, and he is like...Its my job, its my duty to find that....he benched 3 best players today, he is playing hot guys...I mean there is a reason why he really is the best coach in the world, not bs
I agree but there are only like 2 coaches in the world with the gravitas to do that: Guardiola and Bill B. in New England. We also have a vet laden group of legends. I doubt PSG's coach could ever bench Messi than say "I need more out of him" to the media.

If you're frustrated with a rigid system you may want to have a watch of what Thierry Henry said about Guardiola hah

Reactions: vodeni

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
JR lives rent free in so many peoples heads on this site. The dude has been gone for two years. It’s not like the stupid decisions stopped once he left - we simply don’t trade first round picks anymore. Some of you continue to mention JR to convince yourselves it could be worse than the idiot we have running the team.

The pendulum swung in the total opposite direction where the front office isn’t proactive enough.

Post 2017 JR was a disaster. Ron Hextall is like a lamp in a room with overhead lights. He’s just kinda there. Maybe we have to hire someone to yell at Sully on Hextall’s behalf just like we have to pay Burke to do parts of his job. But clearly no one is telling Sully to cut the **** with GCR.

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
lol. no I posted a music video and complained about a band :P

pretty sure @Empoleon8771 is the one who flirts via PMs.

I'm kind of offended then that I've never received a flirty PM from @Empoleon8771 since apparently he gets around on here.

I know it's a joke but I'm still legit mad that some irrelevant shitbag accused me of flirting with them over PM just because I was critical of their posts :laugh:

Joke's on them though, the only person I flirt with is my girlfriend and those flirts are mostly "you're too good for me, why are you dating me" :laugh:

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I know it's a joke but I'm still legit mad that some irrelevant shitbag accused me of flirting with them over PM just because I was critical of their posts :laugh:

Joke's on them though, the only person I flirt with is my girlfriend and those flirts are mostly "you're too good for me, why are you dating me" :laugh:
Was it Dead Puck era?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I am always Romantic in my dms. I mean, like old school, Goethe “fling myself off a cliff into the churning maw of a storm because I saw a cool tree” Romantic.

Not this other nonsense.

9781974231119.jpg

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I mean we were watching a similar forward group and Sid and Geno’s age.

It’s just JR completely bunked it following that 2017 cup.

Literally every contract he signed and trade he made l after that cup sucked.

Hunwick
Reaves trade
Brassard trade
Sheahan trade (this one worked out IMO)
Oleksiak trade (worked out but then gave him away for reasons)
JJ
Schultz
McCann Bjugstad trade
Hagelin trade
Hornqvist trade
Pearson trade

God, listing them is so frustrating. Then you have Guerin doing exactly what we should’ve done..

Something as similar as Kessel accepting the deal to Minnesota would’ve been huge..
thats frustrating...Sid and Geno are still plenty good that with decent roster management and decent coaching they are still cup contenders

Reactions: Andy99

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
thats frustrating...Sid and Geno are still plenty good that with decent roster management and decent coaching they are still cup contenders
They are still quite good (although Sid's floatiness has been anti-leadership right now)

And the other thing is that they are collectively only 18% of the cap. In the past they have been as high as 35%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad