GDT: Pens vs Oilers 1900hrs EST

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
I can remember going to games in the 70's and 80's and hearing many people in the crowd screaming "NO SYSTEM - NO SYSTEM AT ALL!". I guess we've now come full circle. This team has absolutely no concept right now.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
does not matter anymore but down 6:1 they are still dumping to no one...thats the game engrained in their brains, they can't do any different

Turned it off but I'm not surprised.

A "speed and skill" team/identity who is also terrified to possess the puck even for a second.
Sounds like a lack of skill or maybe just cowardice to me.

Reactions: Andy99

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Refs should be able to just whistle the game dead at 17mins if differential is 5 and trailing team is a playing like a dead cod fish

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Turned it off but I'm not surprised.

A "speed and skill" team/identity who is also terrified to possess the puck even for a second.
Sounds like a lack of skill or maybe just cowardice to me.
Lack of confidence…speed and skill team that doesn’t have much of either and they know it…hard to get up for the games when you know you don’t have it

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Is it wrong I have no emotion or care Harkins is hurt? Give me anyone else even if they too are shit, at least their NEW shit, not old shit.

Is Harkins...passed away? Then I'd feel sad.

Injured or traded? As long as it isn't a long-term injury that will seriously hinder his quality of life, I'd be happy.

Lack of confidence…speed and skill team that doesn’t have much of either and they know it…hard to get up for the games when you know you don’t have it

In total fairness they have about 8 players with actual skill. Maybe another 3 with talent.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
survivor-smile-matt.gif

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
If you’re Rust, do you go to Dubas and say “ I know you said you’d honor my NMC but I’m begging you not to”?

I don't know what his family situation is. Married/kids and his wife only wants to be in Pittsburgh? Well then I respect flexing the NMC muscle. He negotiated it.

If it's just that he likes being in the Sully/Crosby country club I respect it a lot less.

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
Id bail

Edit:

Then again, another coach would hold me accountable and make me PK and give a shit in the corners again

Naw f*** that

NMC is my preciousssss
I'm still a little baffled why they would not even approach him about his NMC (which he should never have been given in the first place). Only thing I can think of is that his injury would suppress interest, but damn, it's not like he's irreplaceable

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I'm still a little baffled why they would not even approach him about his NMC (which he should never have been given in the first place). Only thing I can think of is that his injury would suppress interest, but damn, it's not like he's irreplaceable

It's ridiculous. The only justifiable reason I can conceive of off the top of my head is to keep the spotlight on Guentzel. Teams may be balking at the asking price and asking for Rust instead?

Come on

Jul 28, 2021
It would be sort of liberating if you knew in your guts that Sully would be fired.

As someone who hasn't watched a single game this season due to him being here still, and feeling that it is outrageous to start trading players before canning Sully and his team, we are of course now at the point where it doesn't really matter except for the optics (still would like that, if only to send the message that he has been unacceptable).

We should trade what we can, and Sully can help drag us further down the standings until a new coach can be found for next season - no reason for anyone meaningful taking a stab at giving us a dead cat bounce. Start finding some reasons to put Sid and Geno on the shelve also to recover ahead of next season (physically and mentally).
Yeah let's shelve Sid. Great thinking there.

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
So was this one of the "games in hand" that was going to lift us to the playoffs? On the bright side, if Ned is on the trading block, this game probably won't hurt any value too much when you consider the odd-man break carnival that was going on in front of him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad