• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
shake-and-bake-ricky-bobby.gif

Healthy Geno and Zuck, showing some great offensive chemistry, who would of thought? :sarcasm:

Game was a nightmare defensively. Offense showed up strong tonight, led by Zucker and Geno. Smith is playing strong. Will be such a shame when Ruh gets fired off to the sun to keep him up. :rolly:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They barely beat one of the worst teams in the Western Conference with one of the worst defense's. But we will read about this game from Yohe like it was a monumentally heroic effort that Mike Sullivan orchestrated with some pep talk before the game, during intermission, imessage chat to Crosby on the Ipad, etc.

They tied it up, then almost pissed away a 5-3 lead.

Pens lines are still a joke, those defensive pairings are still ass, and Mike still blows chunks. Ruhwedel does not belong on an NHL roster and neither does Brian Dumoulin.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The 2nd line was a monster today, great to see. It really seems like Rust is the weak link in the top-6, both Zucker-Malkin-Rakell and Guentzel-Crosby-Rakell work.

Smith should absolutely stay in the NHL. Screw the "waiver exemption" crap, he's completely a NHL caliber defenseman. Even if you keep him up and play the hot hand between POJ and Smith, that's better than sending Smith down.

DeSmith stinks. He has completely caved since Jarry went down with the injury and is showing how unreliable he is. I wouldn't be confident with him in net for a playoff game.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The 2nd line was a monster today, great to see. It really seems like Rust is the weak link in the top-6, both Zucker-Malkin-Rakell and Guentzel-Crosby-Rakell work.

Smith should absolutely stay in the NHL. Screw the "waiver exemption" crap, he's completely a NHL caliber defenseman. Even if you keep him up and play the hot hand between POJ and Smith, that's better than sending Smith down.

DeSmith stinks.
To @Gurglesons point I think Smith has really looked good with the puck in the o-zone.

He's doing a good job up top on the PP. I'd like him to be a little more decisive sometimes with the puck but he is keeping pucks in and isn't panicking with it up there.

As for POJ I'd like him to keep a regular spot. His upside is so good. But I know I'm the biggest POJ homer on here.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Coming back from being down 3-0 is always nice.

Missing top 2 defenders and #1 goalie to boot.

Smith needs to be on this team. You all can see the plays he makes on offense but watch him in the D zone. He is great positionally and even though a small body does a great job tying up his man. I also believe with more time he could very well be our best PPQB option

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
2 wins against probably 2 of the top 5 worse teams in the league. Let's plan the parade!

We should have given CDS a break. I am not a big CDS fan but the guy needs some games off. Too many games in a row and we get 3 goals on 5 or 6 shots.

Let's see us win against a NHL team that isn't in the Bedard sweepstakes.

Reactions: ncm7772 and Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad