Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
xxegse44wm9r8c36ap2o.png

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
They're going to win every game before the TDL. 100%.

They are going to torch the Flames and then dominate the Oilers. Come home, trash the CBJ and then pull out a close one with Washington.

Then Dubas will be taking shots of whisky TDL morning.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
They're going to win every game before the TDL. 100%.

They are going to torch the Flames and then dominate the Oilers. Come home, trash the CBJ and then pull out a close one with Washington.

Then Dubas will be taking shots of whisky TDL morning.
This is the most obviously Penguins outcome.

It would still be interesting because if Dubas can move Guentzel for a pick, a younger NHLer, and a cap dump it might still improve the roster.

Like Hoglander and Mikheyev or Holloway and Foegele replacing Harkins and Poolparty make this a better team right now compared to Jake on IR.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
This is the most obviously Penguins outcome.

It would still be interesting because if Dubas can move Guentzel for a pick, a younger NHLer, and a cap dump it might still improve the roster.

Like Hoglander and Mikheyev or Holloway and Foegele replacing Harkins and Poolparty make this a better team right now compared to Jake on IR.
The obvious solution there is to still trade Guentzel for the haul and ideally you get back a Hoglander or Mikheyev that can bolster the 3rd line and then you just ride out what you have.

Raks-Sid-Rust
DOC-Geno-Puusy
Smith-Eller-Mikheyev
Bemstrom-Acciari-Carter

Unless someone really comes knocking for Smith. Then moves Bems up and toss Nieto/Puljujarvi in.

Reactions: Sideline

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
The obvious solution there is to still trade Guentzel for the haul and ideally you get back a Hoglander or Mikheyev that can bolster the 3rd line and then you just ride out what you have.

Raks-Sid-Rust
DOC-Geno-Puusy
Smith-Eller-Mikheyev
Bemstrom-Acciari-Carter

Unless someone really comes knocking for Smith. Then moves Bems up and toss Nieto/Puljujarvi in.

I would try to move Acciari honestly. Frees 2 million for 2 more years. Bring up Gruden end Joshua. Play youth on the 4th line.

Bemstrom - Gruden - Joshua would cost less than Carter combined. Gives you a lot more to spend in the top 9. Resign Jake in the summer or go for a bigger name UFA.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I would try to move Acciari honestly. Frees 2 million for 2 more years. Bring up Gruden end Joshua. Play youth on the 4th line.

Bemstrom - Gruden - Joshua would cost less than Carter combined. Gives you a lot more to spend in the top 9. Resign Jake in the summer or go for a bigger name UFA.
I would try moving anyone 30+ if the return is good… not sure we’ll qualify Bemstrom unless his tryout is a good one…but honestly if I’m Dubas I’m taking calls on everyone except the core and DOC, Puusty lol

Reactions: BusinessGoose

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Recall of Gruden doesn’t seem like good news for DOC
:(

thing is DoC has had a pretty large positive impact on our top 6 outside of his scoring streak, Eller's goal last game only happens because he was screening. It's great to see this kid starting to blossom some, he'll never be a superstar but he definitely can end up being a 20+G scorer every season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad