Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Knights | Win | Zucker: The hero we need, not the hero we deserve.

Who has the better wardrobe?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
The new skills I learn for yinz...

keYaywm.gif

Too many Bud Lights

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
How was Guentzels goal unassisted? The LV defenseman didn’t have possession he just whacked at the loose puck.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Great to see Jarry standing tall in this one. Not that all 3 goals were particularly his fault, but you love to see a goalie not get shaken after letting a few in. That's what you need come playoff time, especially.

Reactions: ronduguayshair

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
The same way Crosby couldn't do shit last year in the playoffs with the two best wingers on the team and got out played and performed by Malkin who was on one leg.

Crosby cannot make Guentzel any better himself

Ever notice every time Malkin is criticized the response is always slamming Crosby. One of the top 10 players in the history of the NHL.

Yes #87 needs to do better in the playoffs (a small sample size for argument IMO). So does line #2 playing against a non shutdown line. Crosby has made #58 an all star and #17 a high salary player. When's the last time #71 took a winger and made the player this successful?

James Neal. In the Bylsma era. I'm sick of the GENO APOLOGISTS. He needs to be better 5 on 5. Zucker and Kapanen aren't scraps. Make it work.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I am sure Sid wants Geno and Letang for his last go around here. they look to be in the 16 million range which is OK for three year term.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Ever notice every time Malkin is criticized the response is always slamming Crosby. One of the top 10 players in the history of the NHL.

Yes #87 needs to do better in the playoffs (a small sample size for argument IMO). So does line #2 playing against a non shutdown line. Crosby has made #58 an all star and #17 a high salary player. When's the last time #71 took a winger and made the player this successful?

James Neal. In the Bylsma era. I'm sick of the GENO APOLOGISTS. He needs to be better 5 on 5. Zucker and Kapanen aren't scraps. Make it work.

Geno is a PPG after missing the first 30+ games.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Geno is a PPG after missing the first 30+ games.

What's his 5 on 5 points? What's his 5 on 5 plus minus? Last night he was even. I want him to be a plus. I want him to make it work with the wingers he's given. Breaking up line #1 isn't the best solution to lineup success.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
It's not that I never want Boyle or Simon to play, but do they have to play every chance over young guys that have potential??

What happened to the Sully that played rookies in 16........those young legs helped spark the team.

This is why I don't like long tenured hockey coaches.
I agree Zohorna is very good everytime he plays here. But it's still same, Sully plays players who are most familiar to him. He coached in WBS before he signed with Pens and WBS was superior in the early season that year

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I'd love for them to try Jake-Sid- plus Zucker or Kap

Just to see how things look. Rust would get Geno.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
What's his 5 on 5 points? What's his 5 on 5 plus minus? Last night he was even. I want him to be a plus. I want him to make it work with the wingers he's given. Breaking up line #1 isn't the best solution to lineup success.

Seems pretty anti-player to me. Probably was written by a keyboard, and one that plays at expertise.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009

Let's see, Rust became really good when he started to play with Geno. Oh wait wait, Crosby began to slow down, and what did Sullivan do, but rust to play with Crosby to get him going with Guentzel again. Wait there so many prime examples. Guentzel was actually working much better with Gino when Crosby when down and Guentzel Gino and Rust was actually a much better combination than G C R, hence the Pens collaps last year and the year before.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey

Rust and Guentzel did just fine next to Geno in 19-20. You know, when Geno finished 6th in the league in points/gm.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Breaking up GCR has to happen for the playoffs unless we want to continue the one and done recent trend.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I'm so glad Crosby didn't do the extra passes to try to let someone else score. If you have the shot. Take it.

We usually screw up the EN...
I agree, but how messed up is it that Zucker is sitting there on 2 goals and doesn't even get a chance at the HT. I get that you don't want Geno or Kappy on late in a one goal game, but really why not throw Carter, Sid and Zucker out near the end? I'm sure Zucker doesn't care, but why not try to get him the HT.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012

You do realize that Bryan Rust’s only season above ppg came in 2019-20, when he played with Malkin, right? Riiiiight??

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I agree, but how messed up is it that Zucker is sitting there on 2 goals and doesn't even get a chance at the HT. I get that you don't want Geno or Kappy on late in a one goal game, but really why not throw Carter, Sid and Zucker out near the end? I'm sure Zucker doesn't care, but why not try to get him the HT.

Sullivan hasn’t really played Zucker in advantageous situations since day one.

Reactions: ZorkEnchanter

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Sullivan hasn’t really played Zucker in advantageous situations since day one.
This is true. I find it very strange because if you were to go back to when ERod or Rust were trying for their HT's, Sully had no problem putting them in position to get them. But Zucker...no...not going to happen.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
so Ruhwedel is actually our #6 dman and not playing because of injury? how'd that happen? :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad