Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Jets | Shootout win | I hate day games

Day games are great for:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m still holding out hope that Blueger was just being held out to be checked for a concussion and that he’ll be fine after getting whatever stitches he needs lol

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
++++ Jarry

- - - - Jets POS dirty players and their homer whiner broadcast crew

- - - - - the refs…wtf

Pens are a very good team, but they aren’t built to play multiple styles.

I don’t see any changes coming until offseason, we’ll see if teams give them the business come playoffs and how well they respond to it.

Stinks...they could compete if they had grit ...my opinion

Reactions: Victor Z and Andy99

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Didn't see the game but god damn we just can't miss lately can we? How many losses in our past 20? like 2? 3?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

I don’t see any changes coming until offseason, we’ll see if teams give them the business come playoffs and how well they respond to it.

they have some grit but not enough to have multiple good players who can fight through the interference the refs won’t call in the POs…

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Was so glad he missed the last shootout attempt. Little b****

So for all those who watch other teams more than I, what's the verdict on the DuBois trade. After watching CBJ and WPG, PLD seemed head and shoulders above Laine and Ros on overall play, but that's obviously a limited sample. As whiny as he is, and he stupidly pushed 87 down on his goalie's head, I thought he played a pretty good all around game.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I’m still holding out hope that Blueger was just being held out to be checked for a concussion and that he’ll be fine after getting whatever stitches he needs lol

Guessing week-to-week in concussion protocol. Or he may just have been cut up a lot and not able to return.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
he did not look like concussed guy, there is some kind of tear there

Reactions: Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

they have some grit but not enough to have multiple good players who can fight through the interference the refs won’t call in the POs…

Don’t agree at all. This team has the players to do it. They just can’t have Carter, Kapanen, Malkin, Letang and Dumo all taking off games.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012

This team can play multiple styles baby. Bank on it! They play multiple styles in style. They can play fast, they can play gritty like today , they can play run and gun and they can play on the safe side so I don’t get hurt. They do it all. This team is as good as any other team. Perfection is not realistic. What they’re doing now is nothing short of exceptional.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
16 of 18. Blow it up.

Seriously though, how do you win 16 of 18 games and are still not in first place lol.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
To be fair.... they didn't take the WHOLE game off.

I think that is what changed. The effort and the focus. Kapanen on that back check, Carter and Geno playing simpler and just hitting the forecheck. Heinen too.

I think people also forget the 15-16 and 16-17 teams were prone to have this happen to them as well.

Murray and Fleury just saved our ass. Same as this season with Jarry. He’s stepping up.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Finally a 10pm game for me instead of a usual 4am one.
Jarry with another great game. And Matheson is an absolute joy to watch. What a player. He has become my 3rd favorite player on this team after Crosby and Rust.

Matheson has been a jolt since he got here, his blazing speed was evident, and it was time he needed to settle in. It's nice to have two guys who can carry from end to end.

Last edited:
Reactions: United

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Jarry is playing like he has a chip on his shoulders from last years playoffs and I love it

I knock on Petts but he had a solid game I think

People hate on Kap/Simon etc and they don't always light up the scoresheet but I think they played some good games.

I think I am seeing a little swag/confidence in Kappy's game and thats a good thing. Lets get him rolling (he been racking up some points quietly)

What an exciting game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad