Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
mz74sdyan91shkogijkj.png

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Gonna light a candle and pray to the most high that a stray puck nonfatally takes out Todd Reirden for the season and becomes the catalyst for fixing our powerplay.

There is something profoundly and somewhat infuriatingly Pittsburgh-y about the fact that a bunch of Steelers fans can start up "FIRE CANADA" chants at Penguins games but nobody can muster the same for Todd Reirden.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
A "Fire Reirden" chant???

Yeah he sucks massively, but.... aim higher.
If you aim higher, you'll miss his forehead.

There is something profoundly and somewhat infuriatingly Pittsburgh-y about the fact that a bunch of Steelers fans can start up "FIRE CANADA" chants at Penguins games but nobody can muster the same for Todd Reirden.
Stillers nation has ruined this town.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
you're equating the season ticket holders and the regular fans. totally deferent group of people

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think it will be a decisive Jets win. I think Monahan will give them a little jolt.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
I think it will be a decisive Jets win. I think Monahan will give them a little jolt.

Perhaps, but it often happens that just when there's seemingly no hope for the Pens (no expectations, no pressure) they come through with a surprising win. Conversely when they are expected to do well they often crumble.

That's probably the textbook description of a mentally/emotionally fragile team.

And coach.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Smith needs to come out of his hibernation. He started off hot but has been invisible for 30 games now.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Exactly, the inevitable is this team is going nowhere, we all know this. Send Jake to the highest bidder, I don't think he'd age well anyhow.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Perhaps, but it often happens that just when there's seemingly no hope for the Pens (no expectations, no pressure) they come through with a surprising win. Conversely when they are expected to do well they often crumble.

That's probably the textbook description of a mentally/emotionally fragile team.

And coach.

Yeah the only way to predict this team seems to be 'is it mentally easy to get up for this game'. If there's any pressure at all, we lose, if there's no expectations and the team is tough we get up for it. Although thinking about it now, maybe the good teams just don't take us very seriously...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad