Jul 5, 2010
Canada
penguins.jpg

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
That's good: Rusty skating again and perhaps returning to action earlier than expected.

That's bad: Nice knowing ya, Puusy. Say hi to the folks in Scranton for us.

That's good: Not so fast -- Rakell could go to L3 when Rust returns (& Puustinen stays on L2 and PP1), at least until Rakell learns how to play hockey again.

That's bad: Mike Sullivan is the coach of the Penguins and is the one who will decide these things.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
That's good: Rusty skating again and perhaps returning to action earlier than expected.

That's good: Not so fast -- Rakell could go to L3 when Rust returns (& Puustinen stays on L2 and PP1), at least until Rakell learns how to play hockey again.

That's bad: Mike Sullivan is the coach of the Penguins and is the one who will decide these things.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish

Can I go now?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Hockey Guy posted a video comparing standings from last year at the Christmas break with this season….

last year the Pens played 33 games and had 43 points and were third in the Metro….obviously we missed the playoffs with 91 points

this season we’ve played 30 games and have 31 points…we have two games before the break and even if we win both, we’d be off last year’s pace by a lot and that still was a shitty year lol…not looking good

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Invalid cuz QoC

Jan 30, 2017
Last year I thought they’d sneak in for sure, I was wrong. But even though this season is worse, I think they’ll get in without sneaking in.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Last year I thought they’d sneak in for sure, I was wrong. But even though this season is worse, I think they’ll get in without sneaking in.
My friend, I’d love to have some of what you’re drinking…going to have to be a tremendous turnaround the second half of the season to get in…i don’t see how anyone could look at this team now and predict that lol…sure it could happen, but …

Reactions: Invalid cuz QoC

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm definitely not gonna crap on anyone for having belief. Hell I thought this team would finish 6th in the East and make the playoffs with relative ease. But yeah... they are gonna have to be downright dominant the rest of the year to make it... especially to make it convincingly.

Reactions: Andy99

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I'm more excited about upgrading my 24 inch benQ XL2411p monitor to my first ultrawide gigabyte 34 inch monitor over the Pens and Canes game. Sunday can't come fast enough! I been on 24 inch or less this entire time, but I don't have the computer for the G9 49 inch samsung Odyssey.

1st world problems...

Invalid cuz QoC

Jan 30, 2017
My friend, I’d love to have some of what you’re drinking…going to have to be a tremendous turnaround the second half of the season to get in…i don’t see how anyone could look at this team now and predict that lol…sure it could happen, but …

It can’t get any worse than it has right…:right…..

• Haha

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
Y’all doomers. Bring the positivity! Caps, tampa, and Philly are missing the POs. There’s space.
I'd love to say that I see the Pens making the playoffs, but I don't.

Especially with the goddamn loser point.....with nearly every divisional/conference game going to OT/Shootout.

Islanders have 1 more win than us, but are 8 points ahead due to the 9 OT losses. They should only be 2 points ahead of us right now.

I f***ing hate the loser point.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
The Hockey Guy posted a video comparing standings from last year at the Christmas break with this season….

last year the Pens played 33 games and had 43 points and were third in the Metro….obviously we missed the playoffs with 91 points

this season we’ve played 30 games and have 31 points…we have two games before the break and even if we win both, we’d be off last year’s pace by a lot and that still was a shitty year lol…not looking good
The Penguins were doing very well up to Christmas last year. They sucked afterwards

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
The Penguins were doing very well up to Christmas last year. They sucked afterwards

Especially at the end of the year. We should have cruised in but kept losing easily winnable games. Even then, all we had to do was beat two bottom feeders at the end of the year and gave up on the games.

We'll need a couple streaks against metro opponents, which we haven't had in years, but it shouldn't be impossible. At least I wouldn't think so if I hadn't watched us the last 5 years.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Ned has been great for us which by me saying this assures him having a stinker of a game 😉

Still I will say my number one concern for this season was goaltending and probably our least concern with this team at this point is goaltending shows what I know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad