Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Habs | loss | Couldnt buy a goal, Carter sucks, Petry bad game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Friendly reminder from the Admins:

As we enter the home stretch and playoff season I just want to get a reminder through both to mods and posters in the team boards.

"If you troll an opponents or rival teams boards whether through posts, reacts or cross board quoting posts/cross board notifications, you will be warned and forum banned."

If we can be consitent on this, there will be zero tolerance on this because once one side does it the other side think they can too.

Any questions or querries, don't hesitaite to ask.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This is all part of the plan of signing Jarry on the cheap, guys. Once he signs on the dotted line, the Pens will start playing defense. Hats off to Ron for his Machiavellian cunning.
He played well enough vs the Rangers despite the groaning. He's been shaky but I think the over blown reaction here makes it seem like he's been insanely bad. He had a rough go vs Montreal behind some of truly awful defense and chances a proper defense would have stopped. With that said, he does look like his confidence is a little shook and needs to refocus. Maybe they start cds vs the Rangers the next game to send a message.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Never get attached to coaches and goaltenders.

Sullivan’s response: “He’s an important part of our PK and takes right handed face offs , which can be important in many situations. He’s also a great leader and respected voice in the room. He’s been successful at the highest level of hockey and won some Cups.”

If I'd have known that Sullivan was such a sucker for old right handed centers I would have tossed my hat in the ring years ago.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
this will be fruitless lol…

Sullivan’s response: “He’s an important part of our PK and takes right handed face offs , which can be important in many situations. He’s also a great leader and respected voice in the room. He’s been successful at the highest level of hockey and won some Cups.”
I think ChatGPT could likely shit out a very programmed Sully response at this point.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Jarry hate is funny to me. For one he had a 6 game stretch where he and the team struggled like crazy in November.

Then in his last 10 starts he has 5-3-2 as a record and had 4 starts above 0.920sv% and one where he was 0.903sv%, he's had 5 very rough games where some were definitely him being rusty and shaky and some where it took pulling him to get the defense to wake the f*** up. The bloke was 0.931sv% vs the Rangers and this place still shit all over him.

But the dipshits saying oh you harped on Murray etc, if you go back and see the issues that were pointed out you would say it was part Murray and part Sullivan and how he utilized him vs teams to throw him lobs and giving the other the tougher games. That f***s with a bloke mentally when he's already mentally struggling with the loss and other shit he had going on.

His final "playoffs" was peak Sully not splitting up the top line which stunk and Murray was "average" enough to win but they didn't. Jarry will rebound, but the dipshits here will remain dipshits

I think ChatGPT could likely shit out a very programmed Sully response at this point.
What do you feed into it?

Keywords:

Sticktoitiveness
Ignorant
Accountability
Favouritism

Then find all Tortorella's quotes and voila - Mike Sullivan.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Carter being -4 is still comical to me. Some want to act like Sullivan is doing it on purpose. But this would be dumb. Sully and Sarge wanted Johnson here and kept using him as a top 4 and in key situations.

It's not him being petty as much as it's him prioritizing veterans and giving them a ton of rope vs a younger player. No one has asked Sully to use Carter the way he has, the fact that he has makes a GM think oh he needs him. Had he f***ed him like Kapanen, Blueger, and McGinn, Hextall would have traded Carter with his choice of destination.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
this will be fruitless lol…

What do u expect him to say? Also who cares?

Stop being gullible.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Am a Wild fan who happened to be in Pittsburgh last night and got to the game.

After the quick 2-0 I thought bloodbath incoming. But the Canadiens responded and we has 2-2 after 7 minutes!

To me. it was one of those nights, where you really outplay an opponent, but they come up magic on the few chances they have.

Just wanna say, Malkin - I can only imagine what he was in his prime, because he was magnificent: shooting, back checking, just a force. Never had seen him live before.

Also, was a huge fan of Zucker as a Wild. Looks like he still has lots of game.

Lastly, I went to the same high school as Guentzel, though many years before.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

After the quick 2-0 I thought bloodbath incoming. But the Canadiens responded and we has 2-2 after 7 minutes!

To me. it was one of those nights, where you really outplay an opponent, but they come up magic on the few chances they have.

Just wanna say, Malkin - I can only imagine what he was in his prime, because he was magnificent: shooting, back checking, just a force. Never had seen him live before.

if only you were a season ticket holder…

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014

Zucker's been, by and large, our most consistent forward this season. A bright spot in what's been a very frustrating season.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

So how does this opinion compare to STHs?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Also of note - the Pens are first for hits.

There is absolutely no way this team is that physical and someone is feeding the NHL straight up lies. There is just no f***ing chance in hell the Pens are a top 15 team for hits. Let alone f***ing first. I have mocked the home stat recorder for this shit but holy f***.

First? Gtfo.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

There is absolutely no way this team is that physical and someone is feeding the NHL straight up lies. There is just no f***ing chance in hell the Pens are a top 15 team for hits. Let alone f***ing first. I have mocked the home stat recorder for this shit but holy f***.

First? Gtfo.
Do hugs count? We are pretty good at pretending to be physical by giving hugs after one of our players gets injured.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Another poster commented about the GM show this am with Getzoff and Burke ( Hextall was at GM meetings)…he said apparently Burke mentioned POJ and DOC by name regarding POJ’s mistake defending that one goal and DOC penalties away from the puck lol…he did not say anything critical about any vets though while he was throwing young guys under the bus…also, poster said Burke commented that Sullivan talked to the FO around the deadline about the bottom six being essentially garbage lol

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

First? Gtfo.
A hit can be taken as any contact, technically, however shallow and ineffective they are.
it's a puff stat.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Poehling playing but not for Carter lol… Heinen of course…not the worst forward we have lol…dodges a bullet w the D

Reactions: Gurglesons

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

The right move if Sullivan actually believes Jarry needs more practice time…I don’t lol…think he’s injured

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
A hit can be taken as any contact, technically, however shallow and ineffective they are.
it's a puff stat.
No the running joke around the broadcasting crews outside of Pittsburgh is how poorly the Pittsburgh stat keeper keeps that record. There is no way in hell the Pens are top in the league for hits and I'd suggest you look at home stats vs road for the laughs.

Or just look at the players on the Pens leading the way and see how their stats in that category held up on other teams.

• Haha
Reactions: LOGiK

BobCole

May 21, 2014
No the running joke around the broadcasting crews outside of Pittsburgh is how poorly the Pittsburgh stat keeper keeps that record. There is no way in hell the Pens are top in the league for hits and I'd suggest you look at home stats vs road for the laughs.

Or just look at the players on the Pens leading the way and see how their stats in that category held up on other teams.
I didn't know that Pittsburgh's stat keepers specifically were noted for inflating hits, but I know that historically there have been massive discrepancies in how this stat has been tracked from arena to arena. Some savvy fantasy sports guys could probably exploit this very well.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Aren't they hired by the league?
Never knew they had 'local stat keepers'... actually I never really thought about it.
Not sure I care enough to look into more than what you said, that's humurous enough.
Penguins haven't had hitters in decade or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad