Prospect Info: Pens top 10 prospects

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
I wouldn't call Dumo a prospect anymore now that he's no longer waiver-exempt. He basically has to be an NHLer at this point.

I would say
1. Pouliot
2. Sprong
3. Sundqvist
4. Murray
5. Jarry
6. Wilson
7. Rust
8. Simon
9. Guentzel
10. Uher

alexfr

Dec 15, 2011
Nova Scotia
1) Pouliot
2) Sprong
3) Murray
4) Wilson
5) Jarry
6) Sundqvist
7) Guentzel
8) Blueger
9) Dea
10) Simon

Most of mine is based on Potential. I know a lot of people are high on Sundqvist but hes still only a bottom 6 guy. Sprong and Wilson both have top 6 potential and Jarry could be a starting goalie, thats why I have them ahead.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I wouldn't call Dumo a prospect anymore now that he's no longer waiver-exempt. He basically has to be an NHLer at this point.

I would say
1. Pouliot
2. Sprong
3. Sundqvist
4. Murray
5. Jarry
6. Wilson
7. Rust
8. Simon
9. Guentzel
10. Uher

Uher's not waiver-exempt anymore, either (though I would still count him as a prospect). Dumoulin's only played in 19 NHL games. I think he can still be counted as a prospect. Pouliot, on the other hand, already has over 30 NHL games under his belt. By HF's criteria at least, Pouliot's already graduated.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'm only going to count guys that haven't seen NHL time just because.

1. Murray
2. Sprong
3. Sundqvist
4. Jarry
5. Sheary
6. Guentzel
7. Simon
8. Taylor
9. Byron
10. Dea

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
1. Pouliot
2. Sprong
3. Sundvist
4. Murray
5. Jarry
6. Zlobin
7. Blueger
8. Byron
9. Dee
10. Guentzel

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Uher's not waiver-exempt anymore, either (though I would still count him as a prospect). Dumoulin's only played in 19 NHL games. I think he can still be counted as a prospect. Pouliot, on the other hand, already has over 30 NHL games under his belt. By HF's criteria at least, Pouliot's already graduated.

Thanks, I didn't know that about Uher. Swap McNeil for Uher then.

I do agree that Pouliot has basically graduated but I want to make sure this coming season before taking him off the list.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
When you consider guys like Pouliot, Dumoulin, and Sundqvist will probably taking on NHL roles this season, that prospect list looks pretty damn ugly.

Like, worst in the league ugly.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
1. Murray
2. Sprong
3. Sundqvist
4. Jarry
5. Guentzel
6. Wilson
7. Blueger
8. Archibald
9. Byron
10. Simon/Taylor/Segalla

Assuming we aren't counting Pouliot/Dumoulin

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
When you consider guys like Pouliot, Dumoulin, and Sundqvist will probably taking on NHL roles this season, that prospect list looks pretty damn ugly.

Like, worst in the league ugly.

True, but the the goal is not to be ranked #1 on Hockey's Future, the goal is contending for the Cup. And if these players all make it to the NHL, we have 5 players on ELCs in the big leagues, which is very good. Additionally, we have two generational players at center, a solid starting goalie and a true #1 defenseman, i.e. the most pieces that are the hardest to acquire. Additionally, we have at least 3 legitimate top 6 wingers (for the first time in forever), a very good chance to have a very solid #2 defenseman (to complete the first pairing). What needs to be filled out is the bottom six and the two bottom pairs. Not easy with the cap space, but not impossible.
Long story short, many teams have a much better prospect pool but also need to get some starting goalies, #1-#2 defensemen, top line wingers or #1-#2 centers out of it.

So yeah, it's ugly but it could be worse. Like New Jersey worse, for example (EDIT: And by that I mean the situation, not the prospect pool).

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I'm only going to count guys that haven't seen NHL time just because.

1. Murray
2. Sprong
3. Sundqvist
4. Jarry
5. Sheary
6. Guentzel
7. Simon
8. Taylor
9. Byron
10. Dea

I agree with this list. Despite being a 2nd rd pick, I don't think Blueger is one of our top 10 prospects.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
True, but the the goal is not to be ranked #1 on Hockey's Future, the goal is contending for the Cup. And if these players all make it to the NHL, we have 5 players on ELCs in the big leagues, which is very good. Additionally, we have two generational players at center, a solid starting goalie and a true #1 defenseman, i.e. the most pieces that are the hardest to acquire. Additionally, we have at least 3 legitimate top 6 wingers (for the first time in forever), a very good chance to have a very solid #2 defenseman (to complete the first pairing). What needs to be filled out is the bottom six and the two bottom pairs. Not easy with the cap space, but not impossible.
Long story short, many teams have a much better prospect pool but also need to get some starting goalies, #1-#2 defensemen, top line wingers or #1-#2 centers out of it.

So yeah, it's ugly but it could be worse. Like New Jersey worse, for example (EDIT: And by that I mean the situation, not the prospect pool).

Yeah, the team's got a lot going for it. Just not the prospect pool.

crosby is the sauce

Mar 24, 2010
Richmond, VA
When are we going to get that yearly prospect ranking vote thread chain going on?

My take (added an 11th if you think Pouliot should be graduated)

1 Derrick Pouliot
2 Matt Murray
3 Oskar Sundqvist
4 Daniel Sprong
5 Tristan Jarry
6 Scott Wilson
7 Jake Guentzel
8 Dominik Simon
9 Jean Sebastien Dea
10 Josh Archibald
11 Frederik Tiffels

edit: forgot about sheary, hes up there, take out tiffels