Confirmed with Link: Pens sign Sergei Gonchar to PTO

sauce66871

Dec 14, 2011
I want to see Malkin's insane motivational level to win Gonch another cup :handclap: :yo: :handclap:

Agreed... a minimum salaray and dumping Scuds somehow, someway would be perfect. His instruction to Pouliot would help his development insanely. And to fill in as a 7th D here and there, fine by me.

And finally, Geno's best bud back in the fold would be awesome. Just to see the Gonch to Geno one timer a couple times this year would make it all worth it.

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
SeWDJrk.gif

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Every day I pull the boards up... I just look for "Confirmed with Link - Scuderi traded to _____________"

So far, GMJR has delivered everything. That's the missing piece. (dat pun...)

It'd wrap up the turnaround summer for JR so nicely.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Whatever... Make him an assistant coach and let him deal with the PP exclusively.

Yeah really. He can take Tocchet's spot behind the bench and suit 'em up as the #7 as needed.

Once again, ASSUMING Scuds is gone. Right? Right?

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I'm not sure if we got enough experience with that Lovejoy deal, the team somehow got worse, better look into signing Gonchar.

If we start this season with Scuderi, Lovejoy and Gonchar on our blueline; I'm jumping off a ****ing bridge.

Uncle Machete

Apr 6, 2004
Mexico City
Wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to have him as a #7 on a very cheap one-year contract. There's no development to take into consideration with him, so he doesn't have to play regularly like every other d-man in the system.

Plus the already stated turoring of Pouliot et al.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
3 senarios...

1. Cant cut it and retires a penguin
2. Brought in to mentor Pouliot and Plotkinen and will eventually move to a coaches or front office role.
3. Makes team as seventh D if and only if Scuds is dealt.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
If Gonchar is signed, who here doesn't believe he's not going to get the special veteran treatment from the Pens? The more you suck, the more icetime you'll get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad