Salary Cap: Pens Salary Thread: Stretch run to the playoffs "So it begins"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I'm hoping they atleast give Sullivan a short leash now. I really can't stand to watch anymore of his lifeless teams

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Not sure how going big into analytics AND keeping Sullivan around will work out. That just screams of a match made in hell.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Who would be some trade targets for Granlund? Tyler Johnson (1 year less on his deal, same money)? Christian Dvorak (550k cheaper, younger and more suited for a 3rd line role.)? Sean Kuraly (1 year less, half the money.)?

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
It's Rossi so take with a mountain worth of salt but he mentioned that FSG are looking for someone outside the box to run hockey ops. He said they'll be offering this person "unlimited funds".

I've seen some people mention Dubas which makes sense with what FSG wants. He's very analytical focused and his contract is up this summer I believe.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Re-upping Zucker at even close to market value would basically be about the same as this team raising a giant flag above PPG that says "WE'VE LEARNED NOTHING."

Reactions: Andy99

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Re-upping Zucker at even close to market value would basically be about the same as this team raising a giant flag above PPG that says "WE'VE LEARNED NOTHING."

Yeah...I like Zucker, but considering where the team is, and the fact that they already have Rust and Granlund under contract for multiple seasons...just let him walk, lol.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm a little torn on Zucker. On the one hand, I'm not excited at all about the thought of re-signing him. On the other, this free agent market suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

If we could get someone better via trade I suppose that's the route I like best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad