Recalled/Assigned: Pens recall defenseman David Warsofsky

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=788629

The Pittsburgh Penguins have recalled defenseman David Warsofsky from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Jim Rutherford.

Warsofsky, 25, has dressed for all 13 WBS games this season, producing two goals, four assists, six points and a plus-5. He has notched at least one point in five of his past seven contests.

The 5-foot-9, 170-pound Marshfield, Massachusetts native has helped the WBS Penguins reel off a franchise-record 11-game winning streak en route to an AHL-best 12-1 record. Warsofsky and the Penguins have allowed the fewest goals (26) of any Eastern Conference club this year.

Warsofsky has played in 10 NHL games with Boston over parts of two seasons, tallying one goal, two assists and three points.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
So this basically means Clendening will actually get into the line-up...about damn time.

Horrible that it took this for that to happen. I doubt Warsofsky plays more than 2 games in Määttä's absence, which is completely fine since we're not losing anything by stashing him in the press box most nights.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
That's fine with me. I doubt he will play much, but I thought he was the most deserving guy in pre-season to get a call up.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Well,he's absolutely better than Scuds.I hope they sit Scuds,but I'm not holding my breath.:dunno:

Not going to happen. They called up a mostly OFD and are inserting another mostly OFD in Clendening. No way they replace both Maatta and Scuderi in the lineup with Clendening and Warsofsky.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
It's really sporting of you to make disparaging comments about someone when they're not around. Ya'll really have no idea why Capp left. I'd also bet real money that most of you who are so happy to make snarky remarks would be the ones flooding him with PM's and hitting him up in threads for information.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
It's really sporting of you to make disparaging comments about someone when they're not around. Ya'll really have no idea why Capp left. I'd also bet real money that most of you who are so happy to make snarky remarks would be the ones flooding him with PM's and hitting him up in threads for information.

Naw, I don't care about info. I care about **** getting done right now. I liked IC though.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Yup exactly. Can we please move on from the IC talk already? It's pretty sad how much time is spent talking about a poster that isn't here anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad