GDT: Pens Playoff Push: Hold on to your butts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Two things:

1. This is your monthly reminder that Mike Sullivans 3 year extension doesn't kick in until June. Boston boy probably won't be fired by the Boston owners.

2. This will be the first summer Dubas has without any of Hextalls previous mistakes hanging around.
Yay, Dubas now gets to deal with his own mistakes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nfumass

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Funny part is, I do believe that if they fired Sullivan and Co and made 1-2 good roster moves, they would be a playoff team next year. I don't see the Caps, Philly, Wings, Isles being any better next year.
This is the most frustrating part. People who keep screaming "Sullivan or not the core sucks!" miss the fact that Sullivan's coaching decisions probably cost this team (conservatively) around 10 points. This team would be securely in the third Metro spot if it weren't for Sullivan's stupidity.

So the idea that it's not Sullivan holding the team back and just an old, useless core, ignores all the examples of how just even slightly different player usage or system changes or line combinations could have easily seen this year's team in a playoff spot.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
So... that OT point they shit away against Toronto... does that factor in?

Because I'm still irritated about that and it would be kinda funny if that was one of the many, many points they frittered away because of ego and pettiness this year that ended up making a difference.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Because I'm still irritated about that and it would be kinda funny if that was one of the many, many points they frittered away because of ego and pettiness this year that ended up making a difference.

If we would've gotten an OT point against Columbus or Toronto during our run we would've been in a win and in situation right now.

Eller in 3v3 though.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
If we would've gotten an OT point against Columbus or Toronto during our run we would've been in a win and in situation right now.

Eller in 3v3 though.
A buddy and I were making a list of which point we miss the most:

Blowing 4-0 against Colorado

Blowing 3-1 mid 3rd against CBJ

Losing in OT w/Eller and DOC the entire OT in Toronto

Blowing 2-goal leads in the 3rd and losing in regulation in Vegas and Calgary

Tied with Anaheim w/2:00 left and having a 1:45 5x3 and losing in regulation

SO MANY CHOICES

Hazed Yoshi

Apr 13, 2023
A buddy and I were making a list of which point we miss the most:

Blowing 4-0 against Colorado

Blowing 3-1 mid 3rd against CBJ

Losing in OT w/Eller and DOC the entire OT in Toronto

Blowing 2-goal leads in the 3rd and losing in regulation in Vegas and Calgary

SO MANY CHOICES
You can add about 60 more games to that list and call it ''Sullivans Greatest Hits''

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This one sticks out as a microcosm for this season. A PP (a 5on3 to boot) to take the lead and instead it costs them the game. That seemed to be a running theme all season where the PP cost them games. That one was just especially egregious because of the 5on3 and timing of it.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
This one sticks out as a microcosm for this season. A PP (a 5on3 to boot) to take the lead and instead it costs them the game. That seemed to be a running theme all season where the PP cost them games. That one was just especially egregious because of the 5on3 and timing of it.

Yeah this was maybe the most representative game of the entire season, right here.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

You're not irritated with many blown huge 3rd period leads over the long season?

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Two things:

1. This is your monthly reminder that Mike Sullivans 3 year extension doesn't kick in until June. Boston boy probably won't be fired by the Boston owners.

2. This will be the first summer Dubas has without any of Hextalls previous mistakes hanging around.
This should be the last year the penguins are paying for Hextall and Burke? Hopefully.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
TaylorHaase.jpg

Taylor Haase​

2:45 PM - APRIL 17, 2024
Pleased to announce that the soft serve machine in the press box is functional tonight.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I mean of course? But that OT debacle is way fresher in my memory and was one of the dumbest, most wrong-headed, petty, ego-driven choices I've seen all season. And that's saying something with this guy.
For me, it was the many turnovers in the common areas that stands out, some/most given right up to the opposition leading straight to goals against.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
For me, it was the many turnovers in the common areas that stands out, some/most given right up to the opposition leading straight to goals against.

To each his own but I found turnovers to be far, far down the list of problems this season.

If anything this team didn't press the attack enough. Didn't take enough chances. Allergic to vast tracts of the middle of the ice.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
To each his own but I found turnovers to be far, far down the list of problems this season.

If anything this team didn't press the attack enough. Didn't take enough chances. Allergic to vast tracts of the middle of the ice.
You see, those are exactly why they had so many turnovers. They did press, and turnovers in the worst places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad