Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Panthers: Mike Matheson returns and hockey's back! October 14 at 7PM

Thursday's game result will be a

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
LGP!!
Someone on Twitter just posted this. Crazy flashback, had hope in this team, especially after the first couple games. Came down to the last few games, the Canes dove, Eddie the Eagle took flight, got called for it…we know how it went from there. Still, that was with injuries to Nieuwendyk and a couple other guys, including an “injury” to big Bert.

nice to be on this side of things with the Panthers today, though.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Speaking of expectations, I got a crazy off the wall prediction for you guys.

I think we do win the cup, but not with Quenneville as the coach

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Speaking of expectations, I got a crazy off the wall prediction for you guys.

I think we do win the cup, but not with Quenneville as the coach
Interesting, and not entirely unreasonable.

Are you thinking that this season doesn’t go great (either don’t make playoffs or bumped in first round) and he’s either axed or on a short leash, we falter again beginning of next season and he’s fired (like St Louis) and then Knight and Barkov lead us to the cup?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
jurassic-park-chris-pratt.gif

Me to people here when they start panicking after a slow start

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Interesting, and not entirely unreasonable.

Are you thinking that this season doesn’t go great (either don’t make playoffs or bumped in first round) and he’s either axed or on a short leash, we falter again beginning of next season and he’s fired (like St Louis) and then Knight and Barkov lead us to the cup?

I think we flounder a bit till Thanksgiving or Christmas and Zito decides to make the change and we take off like the Kings did in 2011. Q wasnt a Zito hire after all.

That or Q gets canceled after more stuff comes out from the Blackhawks stuff.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I think we'll crush them if they're without Crosby. Expecting something similar to the Philly opener couple of years ago.
I remember that game so well. I was working at an OHL team arena during college sharpening skates.

So much hype that season.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I think we flounder a bit till Thanksgiving or Christmas and Zito decides to make the change and we take off like the Kings did in 2011. Q wasnt a Zito hire after all.

That or Q gets canceled after more stuff comes out from the Blackhawks stuff.

Q is the highest paid coach in the league

No way we fire him unless its a real dumbster fire

Reactions: Prominence Problem

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
LGP!!
Someone on Twitter just posted this. Crazy flashback, had hope in this team, especially after the first couple games. Came down to the last few games, the Canes dove, Eddie the Eagle took flight, got called for it…we know how it went from there. Still, that was with injuries to Nieuwendyk and a couple other guys, including an “injury” to big Bert.

That video is still one of the funniest sport related things I've ever seen. I watch it at the start of every season lol

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
LGP!!

They killed Boston right off the hop and got all the fans on board. Then Todd's back gave out 7 games in and whole team went s*** house.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Very excited to see Lundell’s progression as the season goes on. Living and learning from Barkov is going to take his game to the next level.

Reactions: floridada
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad