Post-Game Talk: Pens loss to Florida: Try putting Jarry on the PP next game

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
$50 that at least one member of the coaching staff is let go before Friday.
No, you said all of the coaching staff lol…if Sullivan isn’t fired, it’s meaninglesss…does anyone really think Reirden has has Carte blanche over the PP?

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Ummm sweetheart, don’t you know I’m going off the rails on a cRaZY tRaInNNNnN!!1!

Also I don’t think yinz realize what a privilege it is to have Carl from Aquateens here posting.
"UMMMMM" is his new "beavis."

Really keeps me coming back with this creative barrage of mockery.

WHAT'LL HE THINK OF NEXT?!

Last edited:

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
The things that piss me off the most about Sullivan are the littlest ones.

Like last night, scratching Zohorna instead of Harkins, Carter, or O'Connor.

Objectively, Zohorna is the most creative player of the lot of them. Best PPG by quite a bit. With his stat line, that's not saying a whole lot, but this team can't score. A total of two goals in the last two games.

Instead, Z sits because he doesn't PK much or play close enough to "the right way."

From line combos to responsibilities to zone starts to special teams to matchups, these "little" decisions stop being little. They're cumulative. Sully is so stubborn that that he would rather lose than break dedication to his ideology.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Boston currently has JVR who nobody wanted last year at the deadline on their top Powerplay and Danton Heinen in their top six.

Sam Lafferty is currently in the top six with Vancouver.

Jared McCann is in Seattle’s top six.

Freddie Gaudreau was playing in Minnesota’s top six the last two years.

Mikael Granlund is currently the best point producer in December amongst forwards in a top six role.

Our coach has no f***ing idea how to manage players anymore.

Look at Puustinen. He’s played 2 NHL games, has points in both and you know the second he makes a turnover he is done.
This might be too much truth for some people to understand.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Kinda wish EK was more aggressive offensively. I'll take the poor defense if he becomes more of a rover and shooter, like in San Jose last year. Secondary scoring is a need, let the 100 point Dman loose.

His Defense has been shockingly very good for my expectations, though. More so disappointed about the offense.
The bolded is by design of the coaching staff. Remember when Sullivan made that absolutely idiotic quote about them (the coaching staff) helping Karlsson become a better all around player?

Translation, we're going to f*** up what he does well in order to force him to play a safer game. Typical Sullivan bullshit of trying to turn anyone with creativity into a boring, safe nothing player.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
The bolded is by design of the coaching staff. Remember when Sullivan made that absolutely idiotic quote about them (the coaching staff) helping Karlsson become a better all around player?

Translation, we're going to f*** up what he does well in order to force him to play a safer game. Typical Sullivan bullshit of trying to turn anyone with creativity into a boring, safe nothing player.
One of the stupidest things I've ever heard. And I don't mean just in terms of the game of hockey. I thought I was reading The Onion.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
The things that piss me off the most about Sullivan are the littlest ones.

Like last night, scratching Zohorna instead of Harkins, Carter, or O'Connor.

Objectively, Zohorna is the most creative player of the lot of them. Best PPG by quite a bit. With his stat line, that's not saying a whole lot, but this team can't score. A total of two goals in the last two games.

Instead, Z sits because he doesn't PK much or play close enough to "the right way."

From line combos to responsibilities to zone starts to special teams to matchups, these "little" decisions stop being little. They're cumulative. Sully is so stubborn that that he would rather lose than break dedication to his ideology.
It's mind-blowing how Harkins and his 0-0-0 in 11 games still gets chances with the big club left and right.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
It's mind-blowing how Harkins and his 0-0-0 in 11 games still gets chances with the big club left and right.
There's a reason I call the coach Sullivan-Harkins now. Them being married is the only way my mind can wrap around the fact that this player exists on this team.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I'm tired of coaches who try to shoehorn their strongest traits as a player into the lineups of the teams they coach.

Sully was a defensive 4C who was a great on the draw and on the penalty kill. Sound familiar? Also, in 11 NHL seasons, his most productive goal-scoring campaigns saw him tally 9, 8, and 6 goals. What was that about "playing the right way"?

Bylsma was almost identical. Defensive winger who killed penalties and fell in love with younger versions of himself in Adams and Glass.

Then there's Todd Reirden who coaches the power play exactly how you'd expect a slow-moving defensive defenseman to coach a power play.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Kevin Porter had 3 points in 41 games. Sully's fancy stats bar -goals/assists/points - is pretty low for guys who play the right way.
Yeah his care factor is like 75% defense, 25% offense.
That would all change with Boudreau, for example. He makes lineup decisions based on offense a lot of the time. He comments on lines' lack of production. It's a focus.
You would see guys like Puustinen and Pitlick in the lineup. Carter and Harkins wouldn't play.
If guys aren't producing they get moved down or get scratched.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It’s a relief many of you are FINALLY seeing Sully is a bum. He should have been gone three years ago.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I wouldn't say Dubas is doing nothing. He's made an absurd amount of call-ups and tried every dreg we have in WBS.

He just won't fire Sullivan. Sigh

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I wouldn't say Dubas is doing nothing. He's made an absurd amount of call-ups and tried every dreg we have in WBS.

There’s still time…how do you know he won’t fire him?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
There’s still time…how do you know he won’t fire him?
I don't think there's any indication that's coming any time soon, no matter how much people want to hope and pray for it.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I'd consider that doing nothing.

If my house is on fire and I'm running around trying to put it out using a coffee cup full of water instead of calling 9-1-1, I'm not doing anything to solve the ACTUAL problem.

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad