Line Combos: Pens Line Combo: A beautiful work in progress

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Saddest part about Paul Martin and his time here was how absolutely wretched he was his first year here. Thankfully he turned it around.

I want to say that he lost some offensive touch due to some injuries and wasn't quite what I expected, too. Great skater for the time and clearly some offensive ability. But he settled more into being a positional guy here with some occasional ability. Almost like... Marino-esque. I didn't dislike him. I just wondered what 5M at the time could have bought, instead.

But yeah he started ROUGH. Not quite Gonchar rough but rough.

TBH, Sully's comments didn't sound like Letang was on the cusp of coming back. It sounded like they just told him to come back when he's ready and have no clue when that will be. Plus, wasn't he nursing an injury before his father passed?

Just a little stroke man, geez. What... are you a DOCTOR now?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Roy Rogers and PA turnpike is like tradition. :laugh:

Walking into a rest area... starved as hell... see the Roy Rogers... walk away. Realize your other alternatives are a slice of soggy Sbarro's that has nearly become sentient at this point or some stale-ass Cinnabon that won't actually make you feel any less hungry.

...dejectedly walk back over to the Roy Rogers and order some gnarly burger that literally looks like it came from 1953 and a cardboard holster full of cold fries.

The PA turnpike experience.

• Haha
Reactions: Night Shift

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Freidsy is on a one-way deal now. Banking $750k regardless of NHL vs AHL. He can afford a nice car to get from WBS to Pit.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
I want to say that he lost some offensive touch due to some injuries and wasn't quite what I expected, too. Great skater for the time and clearly some offensive ability. But he settled more into being a positional guy here with some occasional ability. Almost like... Marino-esque. I didn't dislike him. I just wondered what 5M at the time could have bought, instead.

But yeah he started ROUGH. Not quite Gonchar rough but rough.

Just a little stroke man, geez. What... are you a DOCTOR now?
I recall reading a gut wrenching piece written by Martin about his struggles with alcoholism at that time of his career. I don't recall but I'm guessing it was in the Athletic.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I recall reading a gut wrenching piece written by Martin about his struggles with alcoholism at that time of his career. I don't recall but I'm guessing it was in the Athletic.

Yeah somewhat recently, I think.

You would have never guessed. But I guess it goes to show that everyone has their crosses to bear and you never know what someone is going through.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
TBH, Sully's comments didn't sound like Letang was on the cusp of coming back. It sounded like they just told him to come back when he's ready and have no clue when that will be. Plus, wasn't he nursing an injury before his father passed?
Well I mean, he's coming back. He will be back after the grace period in waivers for Freidman ends and will be coming back before the playoffs. I assumed it was about two week. Petry probably 4-5 more weeks out.

But to make a decision like that may point to something else was all I was saying. It's not like Hextall was going "Oh geez, yeah Letang is out long term, we need Freidman here for the rest of the season".

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
My dude's every single stereotypical Russian gamer fiending CSGO and wasting hundreds or thousands of bucks on loot boxes. :laugh:

urzf8e5ar4751.jpg
Rush B, cyka!

Vote Ruh, blyat!

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
idi nahui cyka blyat
Ty vole,

Všechno je v prdeli
ve všední den i v neděli
Jenom ty filmy sovětský
ty jsou vědecký

Yeah somewhat recently, I think.

You would have never guessed. But I guess it goes to show that everyone has their crosses to bear and you never know what someone is going through.
Yeah, but IIRC, I think it was painkillers.

Roy Rogers and PA turnpike is like tradition. :laugh:
Sbarro’s exit 12

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I don't want to see this thread bumped unless it includes a tweet about Rakell being moved back up with Sid and Jake or that Heinen is waived to make room for one of DOC/Puustinen/Poulin/whoever.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Letang back on the ice, Archi in non contact sweater and then there’s the closest of all…

Edit: Letang in non contact jersey but Jarry is not, he’s at the practice too…also looks close

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Letang moved from non roster to IR retro to Dec 28, need to do that to keep Tokarski or Gruden up…and then there’s this…she really should break it down by both Letang and Petry, but it seems weird that PP w Smith isn’t better…I really think it’s the other players bc Letang was not great either, he wasn’t shooting …

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad