GDT: Pens @ Coyotes 9pm, Sportsnet Pittsburgh, ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I don't even know what they can do.
It seems set in stone that Sully is lasting the whole season at least.
I know some blame Dubas, but I think he was brought in specifically because he would work with Sully and not just bring in his own coach.
Maybe a coaching change would help, but EK just doesn't seem like a fit. Based on this year, Letang is better in my opinion. EK sucks defensively and offensively, he's not making that much of a difference.
Graves was a bad signing.(surprisingly though).

You can't really blow up the team. They already committed with that EK trade.
The obvious thing is a coaching change, but like I said, I don't think that's realistically happening until at least the offseason.

A small thing they should do is at least trade POJ. Probably not worth much anymore, but I don't think he offers enough long term anyways. Get a better fit.
You trade Jake, Smith, and Jarry for whatever. Fire assistants, and out Sully on notice. Call up any young guy that is worth a damn in wbs and release whatever fodder we have going on in the bottom six minus Eller. Maybe can salvage season that way.

Reactions: akapidots

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
As much as we want to blame Dubas here, you have to think there is more to it here and that no way are they going to allow him to fire MS with his ridiculous contract that was handed by Hextall. I'm sure he would love to can him

FSG handed Sullivan that contract.
I think we can keep getting it twisted. Ownership are the ones totally infatuated with Sullivan.
They went after Dubas and one of the preconditions was that Dubas had to also be over the moon with Sullivan.

Will Dubas sour? Maybe, but it's too late regardless. And would be too late for this group most likely no matter who the coach is.

Still, Fire Mike Sullivan please.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
As much as we want to blame Dubas here, you have to think there is more to it here and that no way are they going to allow him to fire MS with his ridiculous contract that was handed by Hextall. I'm sure he would love to can him
Why would Dubas take a seven year job where he’s lord and master of the Pens universe and even can name himself GM, and not have total control over hiring and firing of coaches? Makes no sense

spfan

May 4, 2009
You trade Jake, Smith, and Jarry for whatever. Fire assistants, and out Sully on notice. Call up any young guy that is worth a damn in wbs and release whatever fodder we have going on in the bottom six minus Eller. Maybe can salvage season that way.
We're done without Jarry.

They need to switch coaches and see if it's a coaching issue before making major trades.
But I think it's set in stone that he stays until at least the end of this season, no matter what.

Reactions: akapidots

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Why would Fubas take a seven year job where he’s lord and master of the Pens universe and even can name himself GM, and not have total control over hiring and firing of coaches? Makes no sense
Because this is the real world and not a video game. You take that situation all day and deal with the coach for a year or two.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Honest question, of having fire Hextall chants, fire a coach in a different sport and league chant, how have the nimrods that pay money to watch this product not had a fire Sully chant yet?

All I'm saying is if you want to get stuff done in this town, you chant it at a Pens game. I'm the guy yelling fix the pot holes.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Why would Fubas take a seven year job where he’s lord and master of the Pens universe and even can name himself GM, and not have total control over hiring and firing of coaches? Makes no sense

I don't think he had any vision of firing Sully for the next 2-3 years. Dubas was going to get to rebuild on his terms, but he had to keep the core and he had to keep Sullivan as a mandate from ownership.

We don't even know if Dubas thinks this team is a contender, with or without Sullivan.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
You guys are so miserable. Wah wah Malkin needs shot into the sun wah wah Karlsson sucks.

I'm just over here appreciating how wonderfully appropriate the icing on the cake for this season was. Just delectable. If you can't laugh at such a perfectly fitting sendoff as that then there's no hope for you. Hardest I've laughed in months.

Reactions: vodeni and Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Honest question, of having fire Hextall chants, fire a coach in a different sport and league chant, how have the nimrods that pay money to watch this product not had a fire Sully chant yet?

All I'm saying is if you want to get stuff done in this town, you chant it at a Pens game. I'm the guy yelling fix the pot holes.
The masses love Sullivan…just look at Yohe lol

spfan

May 4, 2009
I agree. Dubas may have a lot of control, but I think he was brought in to be a guy that would work with Sully. Ownership calling the shots with keeping Sully.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Colby really stinks as a commentator and Rupp isn't much better tbh.

I think they're both good between period guys but they lack the charisma and energy for in-game color.

Errey was infinitely better
You're right but the downgrade is appropriate for this season. Would hate to hear Errey mask his disappointment.

Honestly, I thought Army and Rupper would bring a little more to the booth. But they do seem to somehow encapsulate the spirit of things right now.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't think he had any vision of firing Sully for the next 2-3 years. Dubas was going to get to rebuild on his terms, but he had to keep the core and he had to keep Sullivan as a mandate from ownership.

We don't even know if Dubas thinks this team is a contender, with or without Sullivan.
Probably didn’t have a vision of doing it but now that he sees the stale shitty coaching this team is getting, doesn’t he have a Hypocratic oath or something to do something about it lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad