Rumor: Pens contemplating "major trade" to shake up team

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
maybe horny or cole. they're pending ufa's and can't afford to sign em past this year i believe

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It means you a-holes better get your butts in gear or I might be forced to trade one of your friends away. A preliminary shot across the bow.

Yeah, this sums it up well and most people are missing the point of what he said. I think Rutherford is basically telling the team to get its **** together or a massive trade is happening. It's not "I'm close to considering a major trade", it's more "get your **** together or I will make a major trade" I think.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I'm guessing if a major "shake up" trade happens, it will be either Letang or Hornqvist out, to be honest. I really doubt it happens, I think the Penguins will do smaller moves instead (even if those moves are trading someone like Sheary, which would be a significant move). Still though, the thought that the Penguins might make a huge trade is pretty concerning, because teams almost always get **** value in those kind of trades.

But just for ****s and giggles:

Letang to Vegas for Haula, Schmidt, Hague and a 2018 1st
Cole (with an extension if that would be preferred), Hague and Vegas' 1st to Colorado for Barrie

Given Letang's injury history/cap hit and the way he's looked so far this year I doubt he brings in anything remotely close to that

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
If Letang was available the Leafs should be alllllllllllll over that.

Would Gardiner + JVR @ 50% + Kapanen even move the needle? Gardiner isn't as good as Barrie, but I would think JVR's goals have real value to the Pens and Kapanen is an NHL ready known commodity who fits the team's style.

Reactions: ThewThew

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
It means you a-holes better get your butts in gear or I might be forced to trade one of your friends away. A preliminary shot across the bow.
Hmmmmm. Interesting. So he intentionally leaked that he’s considering considering trade options in the hopes that the players notice this “rumor” and it spurs them to play better?

I’ll take “extremely unlikely scenarios for 600, Alex.”

Reactions: Spazkat

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
If Letang was available the Leafs should be alllllllllllll over that.

Would Gardiner + JVR @ 50% + Kapanen even move the needle? Gardiner isn't as good as Barrie, but I would think JVR's goals have real value to the Pens and Kapanen is an NHL ready known commodity who fits the team's style.

Yeah, let's not do that

Reactions: Walshy7

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
In the unlikely case Letang would waive in a trade to Edmonton, what about Klefbom + Slepyshev + 2018 1st (top-5 protected) for Letang?

Nurse - Letang
Sekera - Larsson
Russell - Benning

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
In the unlikely case Letang would waive in a trade to Edmonton, what about Klefbom + Slepyshev + 2018 1st (top-5 protected) for Letang?

Nurse - Letang
Sekera - Larsson
Russell - Benning
pens would definitely not do that. they'd want a rhd back if they trade klefbom

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
pens would definitely not do that. they'd want a rhd back if they trade klefbom
What if the deal remained Klefbom + 1st + for Letang? Is there anything else reasonable in that '+' that would entice the Pens to make that trade? Klefbom is our highest value defenseman that we can actually afford to trade in my opinion.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
What if the deal remained Klefbom + 1st + for Letang? Is there anything else reasonable in that '+' that would entice the Pens to make that trade? Klefbom is our highest value defenseman that we can actually afford to trade in my opinion.
i guess the original deal is fair. is slepechev even decent?

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Letang to TOR for Zaitsev+Bozak+Kapenan+1st+?

Letang to EDM for RNH+Benning+1st(top 10 protected)+?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad