Rumor: Pens considering 91-92 style jersey for next season

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
***** all you want about the "pigeon"/"robopenguin", these were the best jerseys of all time:

9596lemieuxaltf.jpg

9596lemieuxaltb.jpg

You're wrong and you should feel bad.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
:laugh:

Nah... that's alright.

But seriously. It isn't even the logo, really. Though I don't like that, either. The color scheme and design are, to my eyes, pretty abhorrent. And painfully dated... though not in a classic way. But in a 90s kind of way. And I don't think anyone knew what they were about in the 90s.

CraigAdamsnumber1fan*

You're wrong and you should feel bad.

Ewwwwww... couldn't you have at least posted smaller pictures of those... things?

I won't quote that post because that means I'd have to look at it again.

No.

Nononononono.

9GTPnhA.gif

Please no.

:laugh:

Nah... that's alright.

But seriously. It isn't even the logo, really. Though I don't like that, either. The color scheme and design are, to my eyes, pretty abhorrent. And painfully dated... though not in a classic way. But in a 90s kind of way. And I don't think anyone knew what they were about in the 90s.

I noticed the overwhelming support to bring back this jersey, so I decided to post another picture of this jersey. However, I decided to post an even better player than Lemieux on the sweater.

10917.jpg

Jesus Vitale

Formerly CPZ17
Nov 19, 2010
Pittsburgh
meh. i was never a fan of the 91-91 jerseys. i much prefer the ones they have now. Vegas Gold included.

said no one ever. :sarcasm:

i'm 101% in favor of bringing them back. but they gotta have the yellow sleeves, man. that's the classic Pens' look. That Icethetics concept is ok, but they switched it up for whatever reason and it isn't nearly as good.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Sorry but I can't get excited about a jersey that reminds me of the John Chabot, Rod Buskas, Randy Hillier, and Roberto Romano days. I don't mind going back to Pittsburgh gold, but the design needs to be something closer to a few of the previous ideas posted here.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
What these abominations???? Good lord. You had to agree with me and then ruin it eh? :P

jnhlp040.jpg

While I understand that our new Stadium Series jerseys may not suit everyone due to the silly chromed logo and ridiculously long numbers, they are still infinitely better than these hot piles of ****.

Mario himself hated them. :laugh:

I actually liked that jersey.

I'd like to see the Pens do something with the 93-02 emperor jerseys.

Heck, can't that add the logo back to the patch as it was 02-07?

412 Others

5Cups beats 2Cups
Mar 24, 2009
Black + Gold = Pittsburgh
Sorry but I can't get excited about a jersey that reminds me of the John Chabot, Rod Buskas, Randy Hillier, and Roberto Romano days. I don't mind going back to Pittsburgh gold, but the design needs to be something closer to a few of the previous ideas posted here.

what, no doug bodger or dan frawley?:laugh: yellow helmets... i think of yellow helmets when i think of that period. i think of lemieux, coffey, stevens, francis, cullen, recchi, ulf, tocchet, mullen, murphy, & jagr when i see those black template jerseys. and jim paek...

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
what, no doug bodger or dan frawley?:laugh: yellow helmets... i think of yellow helmets when i think of that period. i think of lemieux, coffey, stevens, francis, cullen, recchi, ulf, tocchet, mullen, murphy, & jagr when i see those black template jerseys. and jim paek...

The yellow helmets were worn with the white and yellow jerseys. Back then the blacks were the away uniforms and they had black helmets. The design of the first cup years was near identical to the early and mid 80's uniforms.

Oh yeah, and Doug Bodger was a decent defenseman thats why I didn't include him. :laugh:

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
I was just telling my friend how much I love the original Coyotes unis. Say what you will about the RoboPenguin jerseys, but they're a unique statement. The late '90s were heady times in NHL aesthetics.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
90s Coyotes ****in RUUUUULES. Still own one but it's like 18 years old so I can't really sport it.

If you can't understand it without an explanation, you can't understand it with an explanation.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I was just telling my friend how much I love the original Coyotes unis. Say what you will about the RoboPenguin jerseys, but they're a unique statement. The late '90s were heady times in NHL aesthetics.

For as much as I generally loathe everything 90s style...I ****ing love those kachina jerseys. I have one in my closet that I still wear occasionally. I hate the Coyotes, but man that jersey was unique, and unique in the good way that works local history into things and not, you know, Sabres third jersey 'let's see how bad we can make this' unique.

That third jersey they had in the late 90s was an absolute joke, though. There's a limit.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I would personally like to see something along the lines of these
8.jpg

Maybe not exactly the same thing, but something similar.. I thought they were sharp.. and I always wear my white malkin jersey of this style to games.. even though I have a crosby and fleury jersey in the current design.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I would personally like to see something along the lines of these
8.jpg

Maybe not exactly the same thing, but something similar.. I thought they were sharp.. and I always wear my white malkin jersey of this style to games.. even though I have a crosby and fleury jersey in the current design.

No doubt those pre-Edge jerseys were better than our current ones. I'd happily take either those or the 1991-92 retros as our regular jerseys, with the other design our third jersey.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
No doubt those pre-Edge jerseys were better than our current ones. I'd happily take either those or the 1991-92 retros as our regular jerseys, with the other design our third jersey.

One of my favorite designs. Might even be better with Pittsburgh gold. Now that would be a great third jersey. :nod:

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
If this is legitimate they had better follow through. I've been dreaming of this for a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00