GDT: Pens @ Caps | 11/9/22 | 7:30p ET | TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam Smith

May 8, 2017
Massachusetts
Zero offense, once again. 6 5v5 goals in the last 6 games now. Not gonna cut it.

I don't think there are many things more frustrating than watching Mantha glide around the ice. He's like a dad playing in his son's practices - all of the size, strength, skill to take over but would rather float around MIA.

On the other hand I liked Milano's game and AA looked fine.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Goaltending was disappointing for only the first or second time on the season but 1 goal isn’t going to win most nights.

Tough to watch this team prioritize grinders over trying to develop talent. Hard to make the case that the team has been better off sitting CMM and Snively and instead having guys like Eller (poor offensive impacts and an 8 game pointless streak) and a career 4th liner in Aube-Kubel getting regular ice time. How does this help them this season and next?

Last edited:

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
No expectations, we’re icing a preseason lineup. Worst part is most of these injuries are long term, so this is going to be a bumpy ride
Well I wasn’t disappointed. Bad team gets beat. Also another immediate empty net given up, just stop already, it’s taking the last two minutes of the game and throwing it away.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Bad game overall. Few nice hits, mostly from Ovechkin. Apart from that they had no pulse. Missing Wilson badly in that regard. Bad game from Kuemper but might aswell happen in this one as we weren't going to win this one anyway with the offensive effort shown today.

Penguins tank efforts ruined. Moving on.

Reactions: YippieKaey

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
This is where I'm at, I just hope management realizes it before they do something Erat-level stupid.
I can see them shipping out McMichael in a package shake-up trade for sure. And that's fine. It depends on the talent acquired really.

I'm relishing the idea of a top ten pick but even a top ten pick is little comfort given that they may need to get into the top 6/7 to land something closer to a top-line talent. That likely requires a selling off at some point and I'm skeptical they'll scrap the supporting cast and focus on futures. A shake-up trade or two seems inevitable. I'm sure the front office is desperate. The schedule is grueling and this could be a defining stretch the next few weeks.

They have such a narrow path 5v5 and so many teams now to pass that something will need to give. As-is even when healthy it's hard to see them stringing Ws together and not finding ways to lose. It could happen. They've done it so many times before. But they may leave themselves little room for error with too much of a tendency toward implosion to substantially turn it around.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
Hey now - he showcased his skills against Edmonton. You thought he'd do that TWO games in a row?? Come on man!
Kuzy is a misunderstood artist. You think he’s going to get up for a game against the old pens? No he got up for McDavid and Drail because of their skill level and he likes the game they play and wanted to show he can play that game.

• Haha
Reactions: PlushMinus

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
A shakeup may seem inevitable, but what really is there to do? Going all in at this point is risky at best, careless at worst. I guess they could, maybe even debatably should sell off some expiring contracts to start a “retool” of sorts and make room for the younger guys to get reps while keeping the top six vets and keep adding them back to the roster as they get healthy, but who knows if ted would green-light that kind of thing.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
The first 2 goals, especially the first were too "goals scored by the penguins against the Caps during the Ovi era"
hate them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad