GDT: Pens at Carolina

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Dark is very good. I watched it in german with english subtitles, but I've heard if you can get past the english dubbing, it's easier to follow that way. I highly recommend it though. I've only seen the first Altered Carbon. Seems ok, maybe a little weak in the acting department though. Small sample size.

Having always been subjected to subtitles, I absolutely can't take dubbing. Except in animations.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Dark is very good. I watched it in german with english subtitles, but I've heard if you can get past the english dubbing, it's easier to follow that way. I highly recommend it though. I've only seen the first Altered Carbon. Seems ok, maybe a little weak in the acting department though. Small sample size.
Seconded, on both accounts. Due to kids in the room, I began watching Dark with the sound off and reading captions, and got hooked. Later I turned the sound on and immediately turned it back off due to the voices they chose and the delivery of the dialog being not all that great. Story is fantastic. I've seen the first couple of Altered Carbon and haven't been hooked yet.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I watched Altered Carbon and liked it. There were definitely some weak moments, but I thought the acting was fine for the dialogue they were given. The Cloverfield Paradox was terrible, and I can't comment on Dark.

This will be the 3rd straight game I've been to with a fan of an opposing team. In those games, the Hurricanes have been outscored 10-2 against the Rangers and Red Wings, and I didn't even see the goal against Detroit cause I was in the slowest beer line ever. Please just give me an entertaining game.

Somehow if they win this they are back in a playoff spot.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Bold prediction: They win next 2-3, to give us false hope again, just to fail again on the last game of the season.
Less bold prediction: One week after this, everyone in the organization will use that as verification that we are doing the right thing and improving. "We weren't eliminated until the last game of the season!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad