Post-Game Talk: Pens 3, Caps 1: The Situation is Very Confused

ibar726

Aug 6, 2013
Survived_Scuderi.jpg

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Why keep Sprong up if you're only going to use him on the 4th line? It's a waste of an ELC year and it's a waste for his development. Just stupid all around.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Bennett's arriving in front of our eyes this season. I don't think anything is going to prevent that...not injury, not coaches' decisions, nothing.

He looks so good out there.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
Malkin is playing like he has in that game 7 of the SCF back then. all over the ice controlling the puck...

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
Did Crosby play at all at the end? Injury or Johnston sending a message? He, rightly so, threw out Malkin and Bennett at every opportunity in that third.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
L2 is going to be one of those hit or miss lines. If Perron shows the awareness and willingness to drop/take a guy to the net that you saw in the third, then the line will thrive because you'll have Geno and Kessel playing to their strengths. If he's going to play on the perimeter and with tunnel vision (too late to see or missing developing plays), then it's not going to work offensively. It may not be hateful, but it will look disjointed. Defensively, the line is going to live and die with Geno, which may not be so bad because I've always thought he's at his best when he's engaged defensively.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
+Lovejoy. He really played Ovie well tonight. I was less worried with him on the ice than Letang which has to change.
+sticking to the plan. Caps played physical and the Pens didn't play into thier hands.

That pull up by Sid and pass to no one in a 2-1 game that lead to a 3 on 2 the other way would get any other player benched. Just a really dumb play by Sid there. Keep it simple stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad