Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Probably because we’re not getting anyone better than Geno…we can dream that Yager develops into one but I don’t see getting anyone as good or better in the trade market

Well that being the case,.. I sure wouldn't try to pound a 40ish point 6+ million dollar square peg into a round hole. I'm not being an ass... at least you're spitballing, here. I just gave up.

If we can get Lindholm and slot him with Malkin, I'd do it.

The issue is term and cost.

I honestly would overpay for Lindholm if we could get him on a short deal. Say 7.5-8 x 4.

Sure why not. Dude needs some help. He won't get it but it should have been a priority like... years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lindholm will get a 6 year deal for the same money as Cirelli and he’s older and not much better

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Kral had a pretty impressive season over seas last year. Even if it’s only an AHL body, it’s nice to have some offense on the backend and he’s only 24.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Lindholm will get a 6 year deal for the same money as Cirelli and he’s older and not much better

I think Lindholm has a lot more chance of popping off a 60+ pt season with Malkin than Cirelli does.

If you play the contract right and overpay him on cost versus term, you can potentially eat half the deal in the last year and get a good pick back.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Too old imo
Younger more proven players will cost more.

He's a R-shot, doesn't turn 30 until Dec., and is pretty good on the PP.

I'd say he'd be the 2c from the 3c position.

Smith, Lindholm, Rakell.

O'Connor, Crosby, Rust
Bunting, Malkin, Puustinen

#1 PP unit:

Lindholm, Crosby, Rakell

Bunting - Karlsson

#2 PP unit:

Smith, Malkin, Rust

Puustinen - Letang

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think Lindholm has a lot more chance of popping off a 60+ pt season with Malkin than Cirelli does.

If you play the contract right and overpay him on cost versus term, you can potentially eat half the deal in the last year and get a good pick back.
He’s going to want a NMC and we’ll have to overpay to get him to play in Pittsburgh, plus he is not really a wing…I see him playing 2C or 3C depending how Geno is playing…someplace like Boston will offer him better

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
He’s going to want a NMC and we’ll have to overpay to get him to play in Pittsburgh, plus he is not really a wing…I see him playing 2C or 3C depending how Geno is playing…someplace like Boston will offer him better

I'd pay him the 6.250 for 4/5 year term NMC over a guy like Cirelli.

Reactions: Gurglesons

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Kral had a pretty impressive season over seas last year. Even if it’s only an AHL body, it’s nice to have some offense on the backend and he’s only 24.

Assume he also doesn't count as an AHL vet which I assume is a plus too.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Not sure I trust any of St. Ivany, Ludvig, or Shea to amount to much, but I would rather pay them 775k to be mediocre rather than sign the next Chad Ruhwedel from UFA for 1-2 million and have them provide the same or worse results.

One of the few refreshing parts of Dubas so far. Outside of last season signing losers like Johansson.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I like the signings as a low cost with upside here. St Ivany is key here. RD with some physical play. Gruden maybe can add some size and be that 4th line plugger. NO more older small guys who bring nothing but cap hits.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Král and Gruden don’t count as vets in the AHL which is also nice considering they were scratching veterans last year.

They’re gonna need a bunch of D, preferably RD, to fill out the roster though.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
It’s Dubster diving season again I see.

He’s off to see the wizard

IMG_9459.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad