Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
He's glued to HFBoards and Twitter waiting to see how the coaching saga turns out.
Which one of us has the power to fire Mike Sullivan?

8oy7xv.jpg

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Lets see who Dubas hires for the WB position. Whoever it is, he will be a consideration for replacing Sullivan if he is back this year.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Lets see who Dubas hires for the WB position. Whoever it is, he will be a consideration for replacing Sullivan if he is back this year.
I don't know if the AHL is a step above the CHL but I'd love to see if Marco Sturm would like the job. He seems like an up and comer and in the mold of who typically does well in the organization (ex-players turned coach).

I wouldn't object to a higher-level retread either like Gallant or BB if they don't find jobs and were willing to do it.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I don't know if the AHL is a step above the CHL but I'd love to see if Marco Sturm would like the job. He seems like an up and comer and in the mold of who typically does well in the organization (ex-players turned coach).

I wouldn't object to a higher-level retread either like Gallant or BB if they don't find jobs and were willing to do it.
I mean, you hire one of those guys and Sullivan’s hopefully/probably out the door at the first losing streak. I’d be down of course. It’s just a hell of a shot across the bow.

Reactions: SEALBound

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007

Sturm is the Kings' AHL coach. It'd be a lateral move unless his contract is up.

I'd actually rather have him join the NHL staff, because he's close to being an NHL head coach.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Rossi is such a clown. Hiding behind his mental health for his incompetence. Pathetic to those who actually persevere through their demons.

I genuinely feel for him in re: to any troubles he might have in that regard. But that being the case... he should seriously take the time he needs away from his work and social media to figure these things out and/or re-assess what is important. As opposed to kinda using it as a... I dunno... I don't want to say excuse but some kind of almost talking point?

I don't feel totally comfortable discussing such things though as I'm lucky to not have to deal with them, mostly. I just know I have empathy for those that do. Even Rossi to some degree.

EDIT: Also... would love to get Sturm here in some capacity.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I genuinely feel for him in re: to any troubles he might have in that regard. But that being the case... he should seriously take the time he needs away from his work and social media to figure these things out and/or re-assess what is important. As opposed to kinda using it as a... I dunno... I don't want to say excuse but some kind of almost talking point?

I don't feel totally comfortable discussing such things though as I'm lucky to not have to deal with them, mostly. I just know I have empathy for those that do. Even Rossi to some degree.

EDIT: Also... would love to get Sturm here in some capacity.

Agree. I'm not saying to not talk about it. And talk to your boss if it is overwhelming your ability to do your job. But Rossi clearly uses it as some kind of shield in the public when he does stuff like this.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Agree. I'm not saying to not talk about it. And talk to your boss if it is overwhelming your ability to do your job. But Rossi clearly uses it as some kind of shield in the public when he does stuff like this.

Like you said it feels like it belittles many, many people who deal with much worse every day with far more grace. Many of my friends included. Some of them now gone who could not continue.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It is wild that Rossi with decades of experience being a reporter couldn't go and report in another field that wasn't forcing him to interact with the public/meltdown on a regular basis/do things that are actively sabotaging his mental wellbeing.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
It is wild that Rossi with decades of experience being a reporter couldn't go and report in another field that wasn't forcing him to interact with the public/meltdown on a regular basis/do things that are actively sabotaging his mental wellbeing.

Let's be honest. Geno gave him a lifeline for years, for some reason. Otherwise he would be the equivalent of Kingerski at best or doing something else.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
PLD could help the powerplay but I don’t know how to get that douchebag motivated

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
PLD could help the powerplay but I don’t know how to get that douchebag motivated
Dubois has already shown he can score 60+ points in a season 3 times by age 25.

A perpetually motivated Bryan Rust has never scored 60 points at age 32.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Dubois has already shown he can score 60+ points in a season 3 times by age 25.

A perpetually motivated Bryan Rust has never scored 60 points at age 32.
That’s because of injury though. Rust has never been a 4th line liability either.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
That’s because of injury though. Rust has never been a 4th line liability either.
The best ability is availability. You're not helping your team when you're on the shelf.

Teams without assets need to be looking for a way to add young talent at low ebbs. Dubois is 25 and prior to this season had never scored fewer than 48 points in a season when he played 70 games. The Pens don't have the means to acquire a player like Dubois UNLESS he's coming off a down season.

He also brings size/physical combo we have nowhere else on the roster.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
The best ability is availability. You're not helping your team when you're on the shelf.

Teams without assets need to be looking for a way to add young talent at low ebbs. Dubois is 25 and prior to this season had never scored fewer than 48 points in a season when he played 70 games. The Pens don't have the means to acquire a player like Dubois UNLESS he's coming off a down season.

He also brings size/physical combo we have nowhere else on the roster.
I think LA would have preferred Dubios be injured this year as opposed to what he gave them

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
doing something else.
As someone who made some cash freelancing as a sports "reporter" during grad school for a cycling publication, there are many much more rewarding (financially and emotionally) careers. It's a hard grind even when you're young and without expenses, and it just seems like Rossi could be doing literally anything else and be much happier. Hell, we'd all be happier.

I think he's emotionally addicted to the negative attention, tbqh.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad