Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
My guess on that Weekes post is Pittsburgh is either getting a PWHL expansion team, or an All-Star Game.

Yeah I was gonna say that Weekes is just setting up a plug for something else, here.

That or he just wanted to take in a crappy Pirates game and eat a slop sandwich.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
He's 3000 miles away if he's trying to see the Pirates, unless he's waiting for the weekend.
Why would any out of Towners come to Pittsburgh anyway to watch a Pirates game lol…unless they’re a sports journalist or employed by the opposing team

Rico Im Ur Fata

Jun 23, 2003
Hong Kong
Why would any out of Towners come to Pittsburgh anyway to watch a Pirates game lol…unless they’re a sports journalist or employed by the opposing team
When I was living in China I tacked on an extra long weekend visit to Pittsburgh to catch a Pens and Steelers game, following a US business trip in NYC and Chicago. A couple more domestic flights to add onto the beginning of a 17-hour return trip to Shanghai, but well worth it

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I feel like so much about being an NHL insider nowadays is just f***ing spitballing and saying out loud random bullshit you'd float on a message board. Bobby Mac used to speculate, but he would do so with shit he knew for sure was true and had a serious chance of happening. Nowadays, Friedman and Seravalli and Dreger just shoot the shit during intermissions. :laugh:

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I feel like so much about being an NHL insider nowadays is just f***ing spitballing and saying out loud random bullshit you'd float on a message board. Bobby Mac used to speculate, but he would do so with shit he knew for sure was true and had a serious chance of happening. Nowadays, Friedman and Seravalli and Dreger just shoot the shit during intermissions. :laugh:

"per league sources"

Bam... now you're a hockey insider!

Reactions: BusinessGoose

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Yeah exactly. These guys think wayyy too highly of their own opinions and think they can predict any better because they’re slightly in the know.

Friedman is the best guy now but that’s not saying a ton when so much of his content is “I’m not hearing anything specific but I wonder if Team X takes a look at Player A. There was some talk at the draft 8 months ago about them adding at that position” lmao

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah exactly. These guys think wayyy too highly of their own opinions and think they can predict any better because they’re slightly in the know.

Friedman is the best guy now but that’s not saying a ton when so much of his content is “I’m not hearing anything specific but I wonder if Team X takes a look at Player A. There was some talk at the draft 8 months ago about them adding at that position” lmao
Yeah, it's always prefaced with stuff like "Now this is just me speculating" or "I'm just saying it makes sense" to cover for these dudes just talking bullshit like they're any other HFboards poster. :laugh:

Man, to get paid like they do to watch games and schmooze, all the while being wrong like 90% of the time. Must be nice. :laugh:

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Yeah, it's always prefaced with stuff like "Now this is just me speculating" or "I'm just saying it makes sense" to cover for these dudes just talking bullshit like they're any other HFboards poster. :laugh:

Man, to get paid like they do to watch games and schmooze, all the while being wrong like 90% of the time. Must be nice. :laugh:
Don't forget launching your own vodka seltzer line and promoting it on your weekly podcast

The GM

Jun 7, 2012

It all went dow hill since Aaron ward broke Iginla to the bruins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad