Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
People are insisting that the "process" (whatever that means) could take weeks.

The copium is flowing, friend.
Assistant coaches arent fired day 1 of the off season, unless the head coach is fired at the same time. Its not about copium, its about how things happen. Coaching exit interviews usually happen over a week after the players are done. Dubas isnt making any decisions until those happen and he consults with ownership.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Pretty candid on Graves

When he played in other places did he handle the puck like a live grenade. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a top 4 Defenseman mishandle the puck and muff passed as much as Graves. At least 58 makes crisp tape to tape passes to the other team. I thought Graves would get better after a period of adjustment but he never did. Maybe he’ll pull a Paul Martin and be better his second year.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Watch Letang's surgery be one of those where it's not done until like August and he returns in February.
Sounds like he has been battling something(s) since the start of the season. If thats the case some of them should be addressed asap.

Biggest question in all of this is Sid. He wants an extension. Dubas wants it done. Sid is going to have a lot of sway on Sully, etc, one way or the other.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
"be patient".

i seem to remember another GM who recently got murdered for this exact approach. hm. guess if you are young, good looking and wear glasses you are a genius.

This is true! But I don't even need glasses or youth.

Assistant coaches arent fired day 1 of the off season, unless the head coach is fired at the same time. Its not about copium, its about how things happen. Coaching exit interviews usually happen over a week after the players are done. Dubas isnt making any decisions until those happen and he consults with ownership.

HA! We'll see. As with everything else you are absolutely putting on the clown suit if you think Sullivan won't have a huge thumb on the scale for his boys. I'll be stoked to be wrong. But this should be like... the easiest layup ever. And this team makes the easy look so, so very hard.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Imagine needing time to realize, at the very least, Todd Reirden shouldn’t not have a job.

That should have been realized at least 4 months ago.

No no see... there is DECORUM to follow, here.

They need to prepare for weeks to shitcan the guy responsible for the season-losing, historically awful powerplay. It's just how things are DONE, Dude.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm not exactly sure what needs to be done over the next two weeks.

Kyle Dubas loves his long winded legalise bullshit phrases. The fact of the matter is this team has missed the playoffs twice, the powerplay has not been successful, and the team has been prone to huge lulls and playing an offensive system that is criticized by multiple outlets with no affinity for the Penguins over two years.

Joke franchise at this point if they can't even identify Mike Sullivan and company are an issue.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Also, Kyle admiring the LA Kings and Rangers rebuilds who have combined for a total of three playoff wins since we won our last cup is certainly a good window into how stupid this dude is.

It's wild people think Dubas is a smart GM. This guy is a total fraud.
He actually said that? Yikes.

I don’t think he is supposed to say the part out loud where you only care about icing a team good enough to sell tickets regardless if they can actually win a championship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad