Post-Game Talk: Pens 2, Sens 0 - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Firing MJ

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The score may have said 2-0, but it wasn't that close. That's the impressive thing.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Better. This roster should be scoring more than 2 goals in a game. Scuderi not playing was awesome. Excited for Sprong to get his first goal. Second line looked great. Kunitz needs to be benched.

I'm going to the game Saturday, hopefully Sid gets going and Phil gets a hatty against his old team.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
+ Pretty much everybody except for line 1

- Line 1

------------------------- Sid. He looks so bad right now. Like even scoring a point would be a huge feat for him. I'm scared of how bad he looks. This is the worst stretch of hockey I've ever seen him play.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Supersprong

******* incredible. And, you know what, I killed MJ as a bench boss, but he deserves monster props tonight for his handling of Sprong. Putting him out there in an impending EN situation because he EARNED it.

BlacknGold4life

Sep 22, 2014
+ Pretty much everybody except for line 1

- Line 1

------------------------- Sid. He looks so bad right now. Like even scoring a point would be a huge feat for him. I'm scared of how bad he looks. This is the worst stretch of hockey I've ever seen him play.

And we have been watching for a while.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Good game all around. I thought Sid looked better this game than the last, still not great. Line 2, line 3 both good. Farnham may not be a good hockey player, but his jump helps the team I think. I like Bonino's a helluva lot more than Sutter.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Pens need to watch the Panthers and take notes from 68 on the man advantage. Just set up another goal

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
+ Geno
+ Perron
+ Sprong
+ Cullen
+Fleury

= Clendening -- played like a small + for me, but got hit twice by the refs on borderline calls.

--- Crosby - Arguably the worst game he's ever played. Just completely out of sorts.
- Kunitz - his normal level of putrid

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
some of you guys really drive me bonkers.

Malkin's line finally looks dominant, LET'S BREAK IT UP.

Let's see what that line can do?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Farnham really isn't an NHL hockey player, much as I love his hustle and energy.

Plotnikov needs to play next game.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
+Entire bottom-9
+Letang, Dumoulin, Cole
+/-Clendening, he had both good and bad tonight. Way better than Scuderi though
-Pens PP
-Crosby's line

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Good game all around. I thought Sid looked better this game than the last, still not great. Line 2, line 3 both good. Farnham may not be a good hockey player, but his jump helps the team I think. I like Bonino's a helluva lot more than Sutter.

First period was rough, but I thought he looked a lot better in the second and third, albeit incredibly snakebit.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
some of you guys really drive me bonkers.

Malkin's line finally looks dominant, LET'S BREAK IT UP.

Let's see what that line can do?

Agreed.

As far as Sid goes, I'd love to see Kunitz switched out with whoever but the way Sid is playing I don't think it matters who you put with him he's going to be bad.

Sid needs to fix Sid. Kessel ain't gonna do it. Kunitz ain't gonna do it. MJ ain't gonna do it.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Farnham really isn't an NHL hockey player, much as I love his hustle and energy.

Plotnikov needs to play next game.
Agreed on both counts. Porter was excellent (for his role) tonight, and Rust didn't catch my eye too often which is probably a good thing.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I liked all 9 of the guys on the bottom 3 lines tonight. Kessel may as well have been playing 3 on 5 tonight.

Good to see Flower get rewarded. Was under siege in the first two

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad