Kings News: Penner to Ducks

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I've already posted this - he had scored more points for the Oilers in the season we acquired him than in his ENTIRE regular season tenure as a King. Disgusting.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
I was texting this news to someone earlier today and this happened. :laugh:

kgAdIMq.png

No, it's not fake.

spk15

Mar 12, 2012
Heard there's a clause in his contract......Do not wake til April. Seems that's the only time he gives an effort and barely if that. Help Kings win a Cup thankful for that not much else. He's only 30 and took this long for someone to sign him AND only to a one year contract. Looks like tarzan plays like my little sister. Seems like he'll be playin overseas soon. Word is out on this guy only seems to care during playoffs AND no heart. Bye bye

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
great teammate and one of the funniest guys ever on the Kings - stepped up in the playoffs but his regular season numbers just couldn't justify that much $ - wish it wasn't the Ducks but can't be too surprised by that. Best of luck, Pancakes.

taz346

Jan 8, 2008
Not there, but here
Best of luck to Penner. Great personality and sense of humor. Likeable guy. Just sorry it's the Ducks that picked you up, rather than some Eastern team. Oh well, I'm sure staying in So.Cal. was a priority of yours.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Didn't Penner end up having 2 series clinching goals?

Yes he did.

OT game 5 vs Phoenix.
Game 6 vs Blues, buzzer beater.

HolyShot*

DLs always said that he's not gonna make a trade within the division. He's gotta know that if penner walks, one of his targets is gonna be anaheim. So basically DL let penner sign in anaheim, thus reforming the powerful PPG line. Dean dropped the ball on this. I wouldve rather have seen penner signed and placed on the third line with frattin on the second and toffoli in the mix somewhere. 2mm/1 year??? DL shouldve been all over this.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Ya that's terrible signing penner to a 1 year 2mm contract and sticking him on the 2nd/3rd line with his size and skill while we try to find a 2nd line LW from within. Horrible logic...

No, the logic of signing him with the sole intention of keeping him away from Anaheim is a terrible idea. I'm glad he's gone. He gave zero effort during the regular season and then suddenly when he gave any sort of effort in the playoffs he was loved by all, myself included. We need players that will work their ***** off every shift. Frattin will do that. As will Toffoli. Guys that actually want to contribute and help the team. Goodbye Penner.

HolyShot*

No, the logic of signing him with the sole intention of keeping him away from Anaheim is a terrible idea. I'm glad he's gone. He gave zero effort during the regular season and then suddenly when he gave any sort of effort in the playoffs he was loved by all, myself included. We need players that will work their ***** off every shift. Frattin will do that. As will Toffoli. Guys that actually want to contribute and help the team. Goodbye Penner.

By Dean's logic that is a bad move because it's basically like trading him to Anaheim. We only play the Ducks 6-8X a year so that's not importanat, but I'm afraid the Ducks got that much better. It defeats Dean's logic about not trading within the conference...we traded for cap retention.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
By Dean's logic that is a bad move because it's basically like trading him to Anaheim. We only play the Ducks 6-8X a year so that's not importanat, but I'm afraid the Ducks got that much better. It defeats Dean's logic about not trading within the conference...we traded for cap retention.

The last three years don't encourage me into thinking he'll flip a switch any time soon.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
If he's reunited with Getz and Perry, don't be surprised if he has a great year. I'm kind of surprised he chose the dux, but I guess he loves socal more than he loves the kings. In any case, I like Pens, and I enjoyed his days as a king.

Time to turn the chapter now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad