Kings News: Penner to Ducks

Ron*

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 1m
And Penner inks a one-year deal with the Ducks.

Sorry, the guy just earned 1,000,000 points of credibility in my book. I gotta go with his sources.

Ron*

Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh 2m
Recent rumors are now true. Ducks have signed winger Dustin Penner to one-year contract worth $2 million.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
This news is so great I could ****ing dance....

tumblr_mc9ebkpEjI1rii545o1_500.gif

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
I will miss Pancakes interviews but not his game. I hate the Ducks but will always love Penner for that 2012 Stanley Cup run.

Ron*

I wonder what he promised the Ducks? To work hard in the offseason to prove to them he is worthy of an extension?

The Ducks are morons. Did they not watch the regular season? Penner was horrible and extremely frustrating. Two seasons in a row, he had awful regular seasons and only stepped up his game for the playoffs.

I really hate this guy's work ethic. It will only get worse.

Stupid Ducks.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I wonder what he promised the Ducks? To work hard in the offseason to prove to them he is worthy of an extension?

The Ducks are morons. Did they not watch the regular season? Penner was horrible and extremely frustrating. Two seasons in a row, he had awful regular seasons and only stepped up his game for the playoffs.

I really hate this guy's work ethic. It will only get worse.

Stupid Ducks.

I'm not sure how much staying in SoCal will help. I am purely speculating here but I wonder if he had some distractions. Clearly the divorce but maybe something more?

Roxo

Feb 3, 2007
Pearl Harbor, HI
Appreciation thread? Wasn't the best during the season. But always gave great interviews and brought his game come playoff time. Gonna miss pancakes. One of the better nicknames in the league.

Jun 30, 2006
Appreciation thread? Wasn't the best during the season. But always gave great interviews and brought his game come playoff time. Gonna miss pancakes. One of the better nicknames in the league.

Awesome work on the Avatar. :yo:

Pancakes time was up in Los Angeles, he was given plenty of chances and didn't get his rear end in gear. He performed to his abilities in the playoffs, but I don't think Dean wanted to send a message to the team that playoff performance is the be all end all...you need to play from camp till the season is over.

Dawdler

Run to the Hills!!
Aug 2, 2005
Great, now Penner is going to score 6 goals next year and 5 are going to be against the Kings

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Too rich for our blood.

Best of luck to Penner. Likeable guy that was going through a tough time in his life and still managed to be a playoff force on the ice. Not enough to overcome his regular season, though.

He'll likely be reunited with Perry/Getzlaf. Don't be shocked when he puts up 20 again next year.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Meh, I liked him, but watch him drive Ducks coaches and fans crazy with his inconsistency and lethargic play.
\

I liked his personality, his interviews, his being a great teammate but that inconsistency went on far too long. And Sutter didn't like him much and it showed.
Best of luck to him in Anaheim, he and Sutter just weren't a good fit.
And I think Frattin will bring a lot more on on the 2nd line, and more often.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't have anything against him, but if he plays next season like he did last season he'll be lucky to have a job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad