GDT: Penguins vs Stars Fri Mar 22 8pm EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
So to crunch some numbers here. The Pens have 14 games left. Detroit has 12 games left. To get 94 points Detroit would have to go like 8-4. Or they could do worse than that with some OTL.

If the Pens somehow went 10-4, that would only get them to 89 points. 12-2 would get them to 93 points which would still not be enough in that scenario to make it.

But Pancakes you say, Detroit isn't that good and might not even do something as good as 8-4. That's true, you're right. Too bad there's also 4 other teams that the Pens have to leap just to catch Detroit.

I'd say in order to make the playoffs the Pens probably have to go 13-1 or 12-2 with a couple OT losses.

Just wanted to crunch the numbers in my head because everyone always talks about how dire things look but it's nice to actually see that in context.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So to crunch some numbers here. The Pens have 14 games left. Detroit has 12 games left. To get 94 points Detroit would have to go like 8-4. Or they could do worse than that with some OTL.

If the Pens somehow went 10-4, that would only get them to 89 points. 12-2 would get them to 93 points which would still not be enough in that scenario to make it.

But Pancakes you say, Detroit isn't that good and might not even do something as good as 8-4. That's true, you're right. Too bad there's also 4 other teams that the Pens have to leap just to catch Detroit.

I'd say in order to make the playoffs the Pens probably have to go 13-1 or 12-2 with a couple OT losses.

Just wanted to crunch the numbers in my head because everyone always talks about how dire things look but it's nice to actually see that in context.
Whatever the number is, they’re not doing it lol

Reactions: TNT87

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Whatever the number is, they’re not doing it lol
Oh of course, especially given the schedule. But even if they got to play Columbus 14 times I don't think they'd have 13-1 in them.

Just wanted to put into context how hard it would be to make up 7 points with that few games left.

Reactions: Andy99

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Anyone who thinks Malkin is done should be shown tapes of his first few shifts tonight

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Anyone who thinks Malkin is done should be shown tapes of his first few shifts tonight
See how he’s holding up after 15 minutes of playing time. Personally, I think he could go with 4 or 5 fewer shifts a game. Sometimes at the end of games it looks like he can barely skate.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Bunting has 2 goals, 2 assts in 7 games…that’s pretty good, he’s not as good as Jake but that’s really solid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad