Confirmed Signing with Link: Penguins sign Zach Aston-Reese

victor

Sep 6, 2003
He attended the Oilers 2016 development camp.

As a NCAA player, he would have had to cover the cost of camp, correct?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Matt Benning is a Former Team-mate (advantage Oilers)

Adam Gaudette is a current team-mate (advantage canucks)

monkeywrench

May 11, 2010
Edmonton
Matt Benning is a Former Team-mate (advantage Oilers)

Adam Gaudette is a current team-mate (advantage canucks)

Would love for him to sign with the Oilers, but I really do not think the current/former teammate plays that big of a factor.
If I was a betting man, I would bet on Pittsburgh. Although, Oilers need a right hander on the PP for McDavid to pass to. Hopefully that is luring enough for him to sign with Edmonton. Doubt it though.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Cool.

Get him signed, Chia!

Both of our pro teams are in a playoff hunt so he could hit the ground running in his professional career.

Sticking with Benning all year could pay off even more if ZAR signs here.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Cool.

Get him signed, Chia!

Both of our pro teams are in a playoff hunt so he could hit the ground running in his professional career.

Sticking with Benning all year could pay off even more if ZAR signs here.

Would be a nice depth signing for Bako if he can come play right now. Not sure what would go on with his school he might want to finish his degree? No idea.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
He should pick Vancouver! Not much competition for him to take a position lol and his teammate Gaudette is a Canuck prospect.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Would love for him to sign with the Oilers, but I really do not think the current/former teammate plays that big of a factor.
If I was a betting man, I would bet on Pittsburgh!

I think it just depends on the situation

Troy Stecher said Brock Boeser was a big influence for him signing with Vancouver.

Adam Gaudette and Aston reese werent line mates for a majority of the season, but they were on the PP.

Everything comes into play.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
If I was a betting man, I would bet on Pittsburgh. Although, Oilers need a right hander on the PP for McDavid to pass to. Hopefully that is luring enough for him to sign with Edmonton. Doubt it though.
He's a lefty.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Can anyone give me info on him and his potential? I haven't heard much on him

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
He's a winger right? Pens are pretty strong there. I'm not saying no but he well might.

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
He's a winger right? Pens are pretty strong there. I'm not saying no but he well might.

He shoot R too. If he is a RW than we really don't have any use at all for him.

Kessel, Hornqvist, Rust, Sprong, Kuhnhackl and now they've got Sheary and Guentzel learning to play right side.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
He should pick Vancouver! Not much competition for him to take a position lol and his teammate Gaudette is a Canuck prospect.

The very same could be said for the Blues considering we have no RW depth and we have his teammate Nolan Stevens as well. The Blues should be trying to get this guy as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad