Confirmed with Link: Penguins Sign Tom Sestito to PTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Why? Only want him if its a two way deal and hes in WBS most of the time

He might not even be that lucky. Most PTOs don't get any kind of contract at all. But it won't hurt to have him around, for however long he's around. Particularly in the pre-season as someone mentioned earlier. A lotta scrubs out there trying to make a name for themselves in otherwise meaningless games.

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
I bet the one poster who posted a few weeks ago that the Pens are soft is jacked up about this.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
It's so funny to see these guys trot these charts and stats out and still have no clue about the game.

Yeah so hes an enforcer? Shouldn't justify him playing over a guy like Sundqvist. At least Farnhams fast enough and can dig pucks.

Anyway I doubt this happens, we don't have the cap space or general room. Probably just to keep away AHL guys trying to prove something.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Yeah so hes an enforcer? Shouldn't justify him playing over a guy like Sundqvist. At least Farnhams fast enough and can dig pucks.

Anyway I doubt this happens, we don't have the cap space or general room. Probably just to keep away AHL guys trying to prove something.

My point was they need these stats and charts to tell them enforcers are bad at hockey, when it should be common sense.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
Yeah I mean I doubt the guy who posted the chart thought "Man I'm about to blow these idiots' MINDS with this insane ****!!" so let's put down the pitchforks eh

Not everything is a personal challenge to your (I'm sure very good) hockey knowledge ;)

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yeah I mean I doubt the guy who posted the chart thought "Man I'm about to blow these idiots' MINDS with this insane ****!!" so let's put down the pitchforks eh

Not everything is a personal challenge to your (I'm sure very good) hockey knowledge ;)

Wilson's entire m.o. is advanced stats. He can't see the value of any player if they don't fare well there. It's an infallible bible to him, and the only thing he considers when evaluating a player. Nobody who's ever signed an enforcer has considered their HERO chart, because that's clearly not what they're there for.

That's what irks.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
When you look at this roster, the one thing that clearly stands out is that we desperately needed a talentless goon on our team. With all the evidence that supports that goons stop violence against star players, I can't believe we didn't sign one sooner.

Sarcasm if not obvious. This makes sense to give WBS an enforcer since they lost PL3 (I think). That's it. He should not see a second of NHL icetime this year, he's an utterly trash player that brings nothing to the table.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Wilson's entire m.o. is advanced stats. He can't see the value of any player if they don't fare well there. It's an infallible bible to him, and the only thing he considers when evaluating a player. Nobody who's ever signed an enforcer has considered their HERO chart, because that's clearly not what they're there for.

That's what irks.

Kunitz must be a god to.him then.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
My thoughts:

-i'd much rather pay Sestito than Gonchar
-my first thought was Carcillo and Downie as well but this guy is a way bigger hammer
-totally fine with signing him to a 2-way contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad